Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Random restarts

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Random restarts
chrasH040
Post Random restarts
on: December 3, 2019 (GMT)

I’m running Torque on a tablet in my car and since I’m driving professionally I’ve dedicated a special tablet just for using Torque. But since a while it tends to randomly restart the app and/or reset the OBD adapter. When it happens it seems that Torque just restarts: the dials disappear and show up again, it reconnects to the OBD adapter and then starts a new trip. This can happen after 5 seconds of use or it may take up to 500 miles before it happens but generally it happens after 100-200 miles. You can imagine how frustrating this is because I want to log my consumption. I always shut the tablet down when I park the car and since I while I take the adapter out as well.

Can you tell me what might be the problem or at least show me a way to not make it reset all the trip data when it happens?

I’m using a Scanlink OBDlink LX Bluetooth adapter and the app runs on a Samsung Galaxy GT-P7500, Android version 4.0.4. As I examined this tablet is used exclusively for Torque so there are no other apps on it apart from the ones required to run Android.

Again, please give me some suggestions :)

chrasH040
Post Re: Random restarts
on: December 11, 2019 (GMT)

Has anyone any ideas about this? Today was an good example of the randomness of it. It crashed about a minute after starting the car, then it worked perfectly for nearly 500 miles straight until it restarted again.

Please help :)

cintakc
Post Re: Random restarts
on: December 11, 2019 (GMT)

maybe you have a bad contact in the OBD connector of the car
perhaps you have an unstable voltage in your car network
display the voltage on the OBD adapter on your screen and control it in the form of a graph

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter