Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feature requests

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Feature requests
mahanddeem
Post Re: Feature requests
on: January 1, 2022 (GMT)

Please add whole settings (profiles, themes, arrangements, imported pids, etc… ) to back up to Dropbox, storage, email, etc…

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

This is actually kind of done already – in the latest versions, the app will backup when google does a backup of your device (if you have opted into that) so if you reinstall the app, it will use the last (daily, or couple of days old) backup of the settings

I can also add an import/export function – that’s recently become a lot easier to implement with some of the other changes that have been going on, so I’ll add it to the list of things to do – at the moment I’m going through a get-rid-of-bugs drive so it will probably be in the feature updates after I’ve finished that soon

groutr

Is it possible add selection of a set of sensors to log per vehicle (via the vehicle profile)? For example, I have a Ford and GM vehicle and I would like to log sensors A, B, C for the Ford and sensors A, B, D for the GM.

Thank you for the great app!

djmalin

Hello, is it possible to connect to a specific ECU, as is the case in other programs of this type, I choose the car brand, model, etc. and the program connects to the controller and reads various data, at the moment the connection with my car does not show much data, only the basic ones , and adding other pids is difficult for an ordinary user, for example I can give the name of the Car Scanner program, could it be used in this application?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The logging thing can be done, however it will likely end up with any extended PIDs needing to be in the vehicle profile as well (need to think about it a little more)

Connecting to ECUs – Torque connects to the default vehicle ECU (usually the engine), and also learns about any extra ECUs automatically that respond (you’ll see this in the most recent versions). What other ECUs specifically are you after?

amikot

Would it be possible to add option to read and download ECU EPROM ?

Or alternatively – to read ECU pin code?

This would be great feature – lot’s of people are loosing their Car Pass cards and paying expensive charges for replacement, or car electricians for reading the code with expensive professional tools.

59 Morris
on: January 2, 2022 (GMT)

I would like to clear multiple (selectable?) with one button.

1959 Morris Minor Traveller
Restored and EV converted.

JeffD

I would love to have transmission temperature work for 3rd gen specifically 2007 with 48re Dodge Ram. I have been searching and trying different formulas with no results. If I have missed something and this is now working or someone has the formula I apologize and would be very grateful to get the formula. Thank you again for an awesome app!!

djmalin

hello and thank you for the quick answer, I am sending a video of how it looks in an alternative program and how in your program, you can see the amount of different data that are available from the usual level, I also send the program log how it connects to my car and to what addresses, maybe you will manage to introduce it, it would be a great news

log:
https://files.fm/down.php?i=rbexq778t

mahanddeem

Quote from admin on January 1, 2022
Hi!

This is actually kind of done already – in the latest versions, the app will backup when google does a backup of your device (if you have opted into that) so if you reinstall the app, it will use the last (daily, or couple of days old) backup of the settings

I can also add an import/export function – that’s recently become a lot easier to implement with some of the other changes that have been going on, so I’ll add it to the list of things to do – at the moment I’m going through a get-rid-of-bugs drive so it will probably be in the feature updates after I’ve finished that soon

Thanks. These changes will be great. I would hope for a stand alone in-app back up function. Like there is an entry in torque settings to check what would you want to back up (car profile, no. of dashboards, layout for dashboard, imported PIDs, imported custom PiDs).
Thanks again

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

(thanks to everyone so far for the ideas and feature requests, if I don’t reply specifically it’s not because I’m ignoring you and will have seen the request!)

Ok – I’ll see if I can do a single .zip file backup and restore in the API 31 update – you’ll see this in the changelogs and beta first :)

prestomation
on: January 3, 2022 (GMT)

I have a request for the data logging to a webserver.

I’d like to be able to set a custom header, specifically the ‘Authorization’ header to use a static bearer token. The system I want to send data to only supports authenticating using this header. query string tokens aren’t supported as these get logged by proxies/webservers.

Rootme.x

Hello, i would Like to have a list of predefined custom init to Chose while creating a news car profile, i was drobiny toyota Celica and IT was really Buggy after connecting IT, so i searched for a while until i found Out that i need custom init lin? to connect to my car with full functionality.
If there ist a list of custom init Strings for various Cars IT would be easier to have IT as a list to Chose in car profile.

djmalin

Hello @piemmm I have a skode octavie 3 2014, and I need to add such sensors to your program, I really care about it, I think it can be done, when it comes to specific pids, I have no idea what can be responsible for this data, in an alternative program these data are available when connected to my car?

Calculated instant fuel rate
Distance Since Last Regen
Dpf load % to regen
Dpf Imput Gas Temperature
Dpf Output Gas Temperature
Time Since Last Regen.
Fuel Level
Soot mass calculated
Soot mass measured
Car’s mileage
(Gate) Battery Current
(Gate) Battery charge condition
(climate) Cabin humidity
(ecm) Engine oil temperature
(ecm) injection amount deviation cylinder 1
(ecm) injection amount deviation cylinder 2
(ecm) injection amount deviation cylinder 3
(ecm) injection amount deviation cylinder 4
(climate) Cabin Temperature

sejtam
on: January 5, 2022 (GMT)

Thanks for the rotating compass

I would love it if it had a few marks every few degrees (small dots every 2 degrees or so) around the rim, to better see smaller movements

thanks

djmalin

hello, is it possible to add these connections to the program? they correspond to the connection in my car with different control units?

>ATE0
OK
>ATH1
OK
>ATM0
OK
>ATS0
OK
>ATAT1
OK
>ATAL
OK
>ATSH746
OK
>ATCRA7B0
OK
>ATFCSH746
OK
>ATFCSD300000
OK
>ATFCSM1
OK
>10031
SEARCHING…
7B0065003003201F4
>ATFCSM0
OK
>ATAR
OK
>ATSH7E0
OK
>ATSH7DF
OK

rgwynnjones

Quote from rgwynnjones on October 31, 2020
Did this thread/site get truncated before Nov 2019?
My feature request posts, likely prior to that have disappeared.
Version 1.10.120 (hopefully current) Torque Pro does not implement any of the requests. These were detailed, many of them simple to implement and would have improved UX.
e.g. off top of head;
remember last position in extended pids file so adding new pids does not require pages and pages of scrolling.
dont reset decimal places when change size.
add consistent re-size options for all guage types.
allow copy and paste of pids or groups to save time.

Is it worth even re-posting? is Torque Pro still actively developed?
I still use it quite often on multiple device and multiple projects. Would like to see it actively developed again.

Thanks for improving the product!
Now have 1.10.238 on a tablet and 1.10.248 on a Pixel4a.
Thanks for adding the feature to remember the location in a large custom Pids file. That saves me so much time now!
Also like the guides when placing new gauges. Resize is there now. Another time saver. Thanks again.

Van_Van
on: January 8, 2022 (GMT)

Hello!
Please remove auto-formatting in the PID Editor. I cannot send a request like 21 01 1, the Torque changes it to 02 10 11 and therefore the request does not pass to the ECU. Longer queries of the form 22 11 01 04 01 1 Torque does not change, but adds 0 to the short ones at the beginning. The last digit is the ELM327 command how many lines will be in the ECU response.
And is it possible to make it possible to completely disable OBD2 standard requests (like 0100, 010d, etc.) if you use Extended pids and custom string?
Thanks!

MJDBW
on: January 9, 2022 (GMT)

Please add following features:
* Polling frequency of each PID (some of PID is not updated frequently – no need to poll frequently)
* Scripting interface needed on ‘Send OBD Command’ (I need to add delay between OBD commands)
* Size/font size adjustment of Send OBD Command button

Thank you!

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 9, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

The ‘1’ (or whatever it needs to be) at the end of the request is handled automatically by the app so there is no need to specify it

Keep an eye on the beta updates for what is going into the scripting side of things and please provide feedback on that if there are features you could use or would like added

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.

Follow me on twitter