Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Blackberry Playbook

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Blackberry Playbook
remus2k
Post Re: Blackberry Playbook
on: June 14, 2013 (GMT)

Wohoo!

I’m going to get the WIFI dongle and then order the app – this will be the first app I’ve EVER purchased. :)

edit/update: Just purchased it!

I ordered a VGATE Wifi dongle like the one listed in the wiki off Ebay for … I looked through ALL the listings including amazon and none of them specified that they were infrastructure so I went with the most competent looking one on Ebay.

I hope it all works when it shows up. :S

-Chris-

remus2k

Ok – first issue I’ve found:

If you are in the app and in any menu be it the settings or the scanner etc, as soon as you swipe up to minimize the app into the active tiles and then go back into it, it defaults back to the main screen.

This also happens if you let the screen time out.

I was entering my data in for my vehicle profile and let the screen go black, when I swiped up to go back into the app it went back to the main screen and lost all the data I’d entered.

This seems to happen no matter where I am in the app.

:)

-Chris-

acro

Wifi dongle on order hope to get by next week :)

Please remember the knock sensor app please and thank

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 15, 2013 (GMT)

Cool – appreciate the bug reports – looks like the screen ‘stay on’ bit isn’t being honoured so I’ll try to figure out why

The WiFi adapters that work on infrastructure mode should also work on iPhones and Android devices as well as the Blackberry – nice all rounder in case you swap devices

Going to the main screen from dipping out of the app to tiles then back again may be a symptom of how the android player is interpreting the starting activity – I’m looking into this as well, though it may be a bug in the player (and fixed when they push out the 4.0 player (which will also support bluetooth!))

malhen
on: June 17, 2013 (GMT)

Great
Just bought it for the playbook and ordered the adapter.
Keep up the good work.
Maybe you should post on your website that torque is available on the BlackBerry.

Paullybob

I’m having a real issue even downloading the App from BB World…it just sits there and spins. I’m with Rogers wireless and have downloaded a pile of apps from BB World before as well as sideloaded and installed Android apps from .bar files. Am I just not being patient enough (my Playbook screen saver kicks in and I don’t ever get the app!!)or is there something I’m missing here…lemme know and TIA for any/all help.

Playbook 64G
S/W version 2.1.0.1526

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

The app download is handled by BB’s servers, so it could be an intermittent problem, or something’s getting in the way (firewall, etc). try rebooting the playbook and trying again and hopefully it should download

As a side note, BB have updated the android player to 4.2.2 and it’s in beta at the moment. Hopefully this will mean that bluetooth adapters will be supported when the 10.2 OS update is sent out to devices

markyboyuk

I’ll try asking this again – is Torque able to communicate with Ford ECU’s using both HS CAN & MS CAN protocols please? (Specifically Ford Focus 2005 MKII 1.6 TDCI)

Thanks

piemmm
Administrator

Torque supports OBD2 – so you’ll need to make sure the vehicle supports that. if it supports OBD2, then it will work with Torque

MS/SW CAN is usually nothing to do with OBD2

markyboyuk

Quote from admin on June 17, 2013
Torque supports OBD2 – so you’ll need to make sure the vehicle supports that. if it supports OBD2, then it will work with Torque

MS/SW CAN is usually nothing to do with OBD2

Thanks for your response. As I understand it, the vehicle does support OBD but certain DTC codes are not retrievable using standard OBD – something to do with additional ECU modules that use a different protocol (HS CAN) – perhaps you know more about this than I do?

Thanks

malhen
on: June 22, 2013 (GMT)

It appears that the back button is not working in the application to get to the main menu (I can use power button and that works).
Also I had couple of friends that wanted to download the App but it is no longer available from the Blackberry World, why ???
Thanks for your help

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 24, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

Blackberry support, in their wisdom ‘denied’ an update that I sent to the app world on Friday, mainly due to whatever they use to test (I think it’s an emulator) not doing what a real-world device does (unfortunately a common thing with their dev environments).

For some unfathomable reason, this also removed the current version of the app from their app world.

Unfortunately, there’s little I can do at the moment – I have several ‘WTF’ tickets lodged with blackberry to get this sorted out, but they don’t work weekends(from the lack of anything happening) and it could take (as seen in the past) up to 3 weeks to get anything done

Edit: Someones been tweeted, and hopefully things should be sorted out fast now so hopefully it’ll be available soon on the app world again!

acro
on: June 24, 2013 (GMT)

i am glad i got this before it was taken down. i hope the issues get sorted out soon

Paullybob
on: July 2, 2013 (GMT)

Probably something to do with the demise of the Playbook. I don’t know why this little gizmo isn’t (Didn’t???) get more love but I think this is unfortunately a dead end for us Playbook users. Thanks Ian for working to get this app for us, hopefully with the future release of the 10.2 os we can continue to work with this on the Z/Q/A platforms.

apersononearth
on: July 10, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from acro on June 24, 2013
i am glad i got this before it was taken down. i hope the issues get sorted out soon

FYI, it’s back in BB World including update. Just figured I’d mention that so this post didn’t end with sadness.

paul-57
on: July 28, 2013 (GMT)

Just ordered the vgate adapter. How it’s the right one :)
As soon as I get it I’ll d/l the program from the Z10 and report back.

bribert
on: August 24, 2013 (GMT)

Hi,

I purchased Torque for my Z10, I am running, leaked 10.2 with the latest android player(4.1 I think). Using Elm 327 wifi OBDII which connects fine.

Able to scan and get results fine.

The issue is that “live” updates, such as RPM, are very slow at updating, thus not live. The values update but maybe 10 seconds between value changes.

A similar app on an iPhone does show live data so it does not seem to be the adapter. Same results on two cars (prelude 2000 and accord 2003.)

I would also like to try on my playbook, but would have to buy again on that device, and will if it will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pages: 1 2 [3]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.

Follow me on twitter