Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Blackberry Playbook

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Blackberry Playbook
hawsey
Post Re: Blackberry Playbook
on: June 2, 2013 (GMT)

Excellent news, if I read the thread correctly though this port wont work on playbooks yet, will it?

piemmm
Administrator

It will, but you will need a specific OBD2 adapter to use with both on the Z10, Q10 and playbook – the clone adapters on ebay won’t work until BB update their android player (then it will just start working)

More details on the adpater when I’ve released the app – aiming for the coming week now I’ve managed to sort out some sort of daily routine with the little one :-)

hawsey

Great thanks for the info, excellent work, yes it is a cheap mini elm 237 I have, but buying another for my playbook would not be an issue.
Cheers

acro
on: June 9, 2013 (GMT)

Any more news as to the release date for bb10. one eager customer here :)

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

It was submitted for the BB store team to review as of 5 minutes ago. The review process can take anywhere from 1 hour to (the longest I’ve had to endure, 3 weeks which is a bit crazy)

The last update took about 4 days though to be reviewed/approved so things were moving faster. Hopefully they will get this one sent out faster.

You’ll need a specific wifi OBD2 adpater for this – one that supports infastructure mode. I’ll be putting it on the wiki: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters_Blackberry

acro

Looking forward to this so much as soon as its out in the appworld ill be sure to cop it. let us know.

acro

also one question. how will i get the plugins such as the knock sensor to work. will they be available from bb appworld or will they be included in the bb app?

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 10, 2013 (GMT)

For things like third party plugins, it will require the developer to register for the app world and submit their app

The good news is that the plugins seem to work (the track recorder plugin works, and may make an appearance once the player is updated) – other plugins seem to work okay as well with minimal changes (mostly just re-targetting the blackberry platform)

There may be a few rough edges to the app but I’m sure you’ll let me know :)

markyboyuk

Do you know what BB10 OS version update we are waiting for in order to be able to use the bluetooth readers?

Thanks

piemmm
Administrator

it’s not announced yet – it will be the one that they upgrade the android player to version 4.0 in (several options in the app are designed to turn on automatically when this happens, so you should see bluetooth magically enable when it’s released)

markyboyuk
on: June 11, 2013 (GMT)

Ok thanks – quick question for you, is torque able to communicate with Ford ECU’s using both HS CAN & MS CAN protocols?

remus2k
on: June 11, 2013 (GMT)

Just waiting to see this hit appworld… then I’ll go out and get the Wifi dongle.

-Chris-

acro
on: June 12, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from remus2k on June 11, 2013
Just waiting to see this hit appworld… then I’ll go out and get the Wifi dongle.

-Chris-

Same here

piemmm
Administrator

aaaaaaaand it was denied:

Dear BlackBerry World Vendor, 

While processing your application, release '1.6.44' from your product 'Torque Pro OBD2' (ticket 1074016), for inclusion into BlackBerry World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue. 

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release. 

I am testing your app on the BlackBerry Q10 and Q5. When I open the app the buttons on the main menu are overlapping on the app title. And when I open the "Realtime Information", the buttons inside it are overlapping and appear too big. Please make sure that the buttons are appear properly. 

Once these issue(s) have been corrected I will be able to complete the necessary steps that will allow this application to be posted in BlackBerry World. If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue(s) please don’t hesitate to contact us at BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com or visit http://developer.blackberry.com/forums for technical support. 

Regards, 

For reference – they were talking about the bar at the bottom that /their/ android player provides – which is hideable…… I’ve replied to see if this can be ignored, but if they stick their heels in then I’ll have to do some big changes due to the Q5 and Q10’s small screen size

For anyone interested – here’s what I think their approvals is trying to say:

acro

awwww man. i have a z10 and i know they have z10 only apps can it be subnitted for the z10 only first?

how long would the changes to accomodate the q series take?

piemmm
Administrator

To be honest, after reviewing it, there’s no changes required – the menu button that the store reviewer is complaining about being hidden is the same menu button as in the bar that is overlaying it (so there is actually no issue as the menu is still accessible if the bar is visible or not, as one replaces the other)

So, it’s a case of waiting for my support request tickets to be actioned – the reviewer has unfortunately got it wrong. Once this is cleared up it should be rock and roll time

Redshift187

I have a wired Scantool OBDLink SX, will there be wired support with the Z10, and is wired only support something that would be easy for the Playbook? (I have both a Z10 and a Playbook, but would much prefer the Playbook for this)

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Blackberry is unlikely to support wired USB connections on any device – this is something that the OS will need to support. I have not seen this on blackberry’s roadmap.

Bluetooth will be supported after an OS Udate

WiFi adapters operating in infrastructure mode will be supported *right now* with Torque

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 14, 2013 (GMT)

It’s just been approved for the Blackberry app store and should now be downloadable :)

acro
on: June 14, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from admin on June 14, 2013
It’s just been approved for the Blackberry app store and should now be downloadable :)

thank you much i just bought it. now to get the wifi adaptor. much thanks.

Btw i really need the knock sensor when is that coming?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.13 seconds.

Follow me on twitter