Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Open/ Closed O2 Loop Tracking

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Open/ Closed O2 Loop Tracking
Elvota
Post Open/ Closed O2 Loop Tracking
on: September 11, 2019 (GMT)

Torque lets me put a O2 status monitor readout on the live display, but I can not check a box for Torque to record when the engine goes from closed to open O2 loop. That feature is just not listed on the tracking log report options.

Any trick to get Torque to record and report O2 loop status?

Or… is there a way I can set a waypoint or flag a time I see something happen I want to recall later? Maybe a button I can add to the display that Torque will record and remember when pushed?

Thanks…

Capp777
Post Re: Open/ Closed O2 Loop Tracking
on: September 12, 2019 (GMT)

You could create your own custom pid
to track it. For example…

Mode/Pid: 0103
Header: Auto
Equation: Bit(A:1)

per Wiki.

Long name must be unique.

F-150Torqued

Thought / Suggestion to expand on what Capp777 said.

There is actually additional information in that byte that the OP might find interesting. Byte A in that PID is CODED:

A:0 Open loop due to insufficient engine temperature
A:1 Closed loop, using oxygen sensor feedback to determine fuel mix
A:2 Open loop due to engine load OR fuel cut due to deacceleration
A:3 Open loop due to system failure
A:4 Closed loop, using at least one oxygen sensor but there is a fault in the feedback system

A:5-A:7 Always zero

Byte B – unknown (or unassigned) Always zero

He might even set up a “LOOKUP” formula for a neat dashboard gauge, by using cryptic short descriptions. But in any event, if you just used the formula of “A”, it would show when you logged that custom PID.

Just a thought.

—————————

Elvota

I really appreciate the suggestions and help guys… but I am really new with Torque and am hoping for a bit further explanation.

I see that people are really using custom PID’s to get Torque to work for them, but I am just not wrapping my head around it. And I really want to.

To create a PID you suggested, I would fill out Torque OBD2 PID editor something like this…

PID: 0103
Long Name: O2 Loop Sensor
Short Name: O2 Loop
Min Value: 0
Max Value: 100
Scale factor: (blank)
Unit Type: (blank)
Equation: Bit(A:1)
OBD Header: (blank)
Diagnostic Start: (blank)
Diagnostic Stop: (blank)

This would give me the option to create a screen display showing closed or open O2 loop status… as well as the track log start to see and record the status as well, correct?

Replacing equation above with Bit(A:0) would show open loop for temp, Bit(A:2) would show load open loop…. and so on. A separate PID for each equation, correct?

The “lookup” formula you mention sounds perfect for what I need, but I really don’t understand what you are suggesting or how to achieve it.

Thanks in advance…

cintakc

String, exact matching, returning a string:
LOOKUP(A::1=’moo’:2=’boo’)

https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Equations#LOOKUP.28.7BVALUE.7D.7BDEFAULT.7D.7BKEY1.7D.7BOPERATOR.7D.7BVALUE1.7D.7BKEY2.7D.7BOPERATOR.7D.7BVALUE2.7D.E2.80.A6etc.29

F-150Torqued

@Elvota you’ve got the hang of it.

One suggestion that has helped me A LOT – having created many many custom PIDs for all sorts of stuff. I use an ‘underscore’ charcter in front of all ‘Long Names’ for _MY_ custom PIDs. That serves three benefits. They sort in front of all the stock and Torque Pro custom PIDs. They will not accidentally ‘duplicate’ one of the Torque Pro. Keeps me from getting confused and deleting one of Torque Pro custom pids when I’m finished testing.

You are correct in -> “Replacing equation above with Bit(A:0) would show open loop for temp, Bit(A:2) would show load open loop…. and so on. A separate PID for each equation, correct?”

The Lookup thing is neat for descriptive displays — such as transmission gear. I display Park, Neutral, Dr1, Dr2, Reverse etc with the LOOKUP function. But it might trip you up on this open loop thing === if a couple of bits become true at the same time, ie: if the byte were to become a hex “B” or “C” (Bits 3 & 2 or bits 3, 2, and 1 all true at once.???) I do not know if this can happen or not. I’ve never tested it. After thinking about it more, I would probably set up separate PIDs and create “ON / OFF” gauges if it were me.

——————

Elvota

Thanks again for all the help and tips… I will play around with the suggestions and see what I can come up with.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Follow me on twitter