Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Trans temp same as coolant

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trans temp same as coolant
kendunn
Post Trans temp same as coolant
on: July 18, 2019 (GMT)

So my whole point in buying an ELM327 clone and the Torque Pro app was to monitor my the transmission temp in my 15 Highlander while towing. So I got it all talking to each other and watched my trans temp run between 175 and 190 while driving which seemed pretty normal to me and then I added a coolant temp gauge and noticed the temps were always exactly the same. Any ideas? I noticed that there were two transmission options but I could only use one of them.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Trans temp same as coolant

Hi!

Toyota transmission temperatures are manufacturer specific PIDs – I think the toyota forums have worked out the PID already (from a quick google search) and the following link might be of use: https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/149-corolla-10th-gen-2nd-gen-matrix-2009-2013/1610050-transmission-temperature-torque.html

I’ll probably add the toyota specific pid when I get a moment (currently going through a big update which is unfortunately taking a lot of time to test due to the changes in android)

kendunn

Thanks for the quick reply, I had actually seen that and didn’t totally understand, I’ll have to do a little more digging and figure out how to add PID since I’m a total noob (although I kinda understand what a PID is)

kendunn
on: July 19, 2019 (GMT)

OK, so I installed a couple of PIDS that were supposed to work the temp, but they are reading crazy numbers, I believe they may be pressures as one jumps really high when the engine revs, and the other goes into a vacuum

cintakc
on: July 21, 2019 (GMT)

Put the answer from the ECU transmission(7E1) on PIDs 2182, 21D9 in hexadecimal

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Follow me on twitter