Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 2019 Ford F-150 transmission temperature unavailable

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2019 Ford F-150 transmission temperature unavailable
SilvrDrgn
Post 2019 Ford F-150 transmission temperature unavailable
on: July 9, 2019 (GMT)

2019 Ford F150, SuperCrew, 3.5L EcoBoost.

Need help getting the transmission temp. Standard option in the list actually reads the engine temp, not transmission. I have the Ford Extra PIDs/Sensors installed, and there are three Tranmission Fluid Temp choices in there:
221e1c – no reading
221674 – constant -32.something degrees
2211bd – no reading

Any ideas on how I can get the trans temp to work?
Thanks!

SilvrDrgn
Post Re: 2019 Ford F-150 transmission temperature unavailable
on: July 21, 2019 (GMT)

Bump. Anyone know what PID to use and formula?

F-150Torqued
on: July 21, 2019 (GMT)

Another one you could ‘TRY’ is 1940. I’ve ALSO seen it is to be at 221E on ‘Ford Focus’. I’ve picked up those somewhere in my research. Of course I’ve read it was 1E1C on the Ecoboost TOO! So – all bets are off.

Toyota Tundra is supposed to be at 21D9, but I ain’t got one of them to try it on either. So, I’m not being a lot of help. It just seems like there must be a number of manufacturers of Transmission Fluid sensors whose outputs are not uniform – forcing vehicle mfgs to have to have several different OBD TFT conversion routines.

As for the formula — you may have to work one out yourself. But ‘math is fun’. I’ve worked out several and found that GENERALLY most of the hard work is done for you by the PCM. You just need to figure out what units it is being presented in (some international base – ie: Celcius for Temps.) Then you can easily come up with the formula to convert it to the form you want.

—————————–

SilvrDrgn
on: August 10, 2019 (GMT)

So, I’ve tried all the numbers you suggested. Unfortunately, no response messages from the test button. Been unable to come up with the correct PID so far.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter