Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Change base reading of Intake Presure

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change base reading of Intake Presure
RoverHere
Post Change base reading of Intake Presure
on: June 19, 2019 (GMT)

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me if it is possible and if so how to adjust the base reading of the intake manifold pressure?

I’m using the intake manifold pressure to read turbo boost, I can’t use the boost gauge reading as the map sensor on my car only reads 22psi when my turbo is running 24psi and when I install my turbo upgrade I will be running 30psi.

Basically, the intake manifold pressure is sitting at 14.7ish at idle and max pressure is 38.7psi so it will be perfect to use a boost gauge if I can adjust the reading.

Thank for any advise.

moreause
Post Re: Change base reading of Intake Presure
on: June 26, 2019 (GMT)

are you sure it the car sensor limiting you max boost or the OBDII standard

max obd value is 255 kpa (37 psi) absolute

37 psi minus 14.7 psi barometric pressure ..the max you can see is 22.3 psi with the obdii standard

you have to use custom pid to see higher

and map sensor are all read in absolute… the pcm convert it in relative to show up 0 psi when engine is stopped

RoverHere
on: July 2, 2019 (GMT)

Ah okay, didnt know that i will give it a try do you know what PID I need? or how i will find that out?

moreause
on: July 2, 2019 (GMT)

those PID a car specific

so you need to search on your car forum

or find it the hard way …like i did

i used torque to scan all standard adresse

and then used a variable resistor instead of the map

and check what value was changing … my luck was the second adress…. then had to range to value seen to what pressure it is…i had access to the spec of my car sensor sor was able to make a formula for it

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter