Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » mustang cobra pid

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: mustang cobra pid
scorched03
Post mustang cobra pid
on: September 4, 2010 (GMT)

i am trying to get my iat2 sensor to work on my 2003 mustang cobra. the pid i have found online is 16a8 but i cant seem to get it to work. what can i do to get this to function?

i found the formula on one of the website provided above
((A-128)*256)+(B) = -32512-32512 DEGREE F – 16A8 IAT2-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR 2 INPUT DEGREE F

but i write out the formula and it says check parentheses
can you provide any help? if i remove some parentheses i am told the equation is invalid

and would the hex code to put in be 0116a8?

i have the paid version of torque
thanks a lot

scorched03
Post Re: mustang cobra pid
on: September 17, 2010 (GMT)

Bump for some help

whitesnake
on: September 26, 2010 (GMT)

Got the same problem.
I got a new version of Torque today, but the problem isn’t gone.
Still got the “Check parentheses”-error.
Very annoying..

scorched03
on: October 11, 2010 (GMT)

Can the stangs get some help? Please

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

You’re probably looking at “2216a8” as the PID would most likely be an extended one. Modes 01 and 22 will be the only modes you want to use at the moment.

The check parentheses error for this expression found a bug. I’ve fixed it for the example given, and it will be out in the next version of Torque.

whitesnake

This are good news. Looking foreward for the update.
IAT2 is VERY important for me.

Beside: “Boost” shows no Data for my Blower-driven Shelby GT500. Is there another PID for my car? If yes, what is the equation for it?

Thanks,
Markus
Germany

jmaruska
on: March 29, 2011 (GMT)

Any luck with this? I’ve tried doing the same thing however i don’t get any data, just a ‘-‘.

I’m using 2216A8 also with the same equation, no luck here. also tried 0116A8 with no results.

I also have a 2003 mustang cobra.

jmaruska

I also stumbled across this post on another forum that could lead to the answer. However, i don’t quite understand it.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95&highlight=ford+enhanced+PID

whitesnake

I opend up another Thread about this problem, but this one should also do.

My posting in the other thread:

Hello,
I got the paid Version of Torque. The reason I bought Torque
was to display the IAT2 Temp (Temp after the Blower) on a
2007 Ford Shelby GT500. IAT2 is very important for my tuning. But I can’t figure out, how it works.

I created a custom PID with the value 2216a8.

On the web I found an equation which is ((A-128)*256)+(B).

The problem is, when I create a digtial display, the
readings jumps back and forth between “168? and “10240?.
IAT-readings works fine instead.

So please tell me, how I can get this to work.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.2)
ODB-Adapter: ODBKey 130

To log the IAT2-Values I also use another device: the flasch-programmer from SCT, that I’m also using to upload new tunes to the ecu.

You can connect this device to the ODB2-Port and via USB to a Notebook. There’s a software called LiveLink that shows you all the PIDs as a graph. IAT2 works fine, even if it don’t shows the PID-Number or equation.

But it is very bad to look at a Notebook while driving, so this is the reason, why I really need this function in “Torque”!!!!

jmaruska

Yes, I also have an SCT device and the livelink software. IAT2 does work there fine so i know the PID should work. I agree, using a laptop while driving isn’t a good idea.

whitesnake

Just stumbled over an old, yet updated thread, on http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/715940-how-measure-iat2-temps-data-log-w-android-phone.html

There are lots of people having this issue with Torque.

AND there is the reason, why it won’t work (by member “bimoose”):

For ford you need to enter 22 as the mode, then the PID value. So for IAT2 temp you need to enter 2216A8. 16A8 is the IAT2 temp PID. as of this posting the app does not support 3 byte PIDs, so you cannot get to any b1,b2,b3, etc values until the next release.

So PLEEEEAAAASE give us that 3 Byte PID Mode!

jmaruska

HAHAHA, thats my post on SVTP, and its not that old, only a few days.

I first realized i didn’t add the 22 in front and thought i had it, but didn’t test it. However i did test it now and it still doesn’t work.

I’m just guessing it might be a header issue as mentioned in the old thread i mentioned above.

whitesnake

Hahahaha, the world is smaller than we guess :-)

Hope this put a little “pressure” behind this problem. I really need the IAT2 because my Whipple 2.9L produces a lot of heat on the autobahn while fast speeding and I want to figure out how good the WAES is working in real conditions, not on a dyno.

Markus

maco_charlie
on: April 1, 2011 (GMT)

I have an 03 Mustang GT and I don’t receive all of the data as well. I have an EVO 4g and a scantools bluetooth scanner. I have tried different combinations for the scanner settings and still nothing. I even tried to make my own PID with what appears to be a working stock PID and that doesn’t even work.

Basically, I am posting here to watch to see what is found out about the Mustang PID’s :-)

jmaruska
on: April 6, 2011 (GMT)

Any update on this?

whitesnake
on: April 14, 2011 (GMT)

Ping

piemmm
Administrator

Unfortunately, if it’s not working for you, even with the ‘alternate header’ ticked then it going to be that you either

a) Have the wrong PID.
b) You don’t have access to that PID

Torque is sending the command, but the ECU isn’t sending any data back, which means it’s not supported. You will need to find the correct PID information to enable retrieval of the data you want.

Ian

jmaruska

I was not aware of this “alternate header” option. I will test this and post my results this weekend. Thanks.

whitesnake
on: April 15, 2011 (GMT)

I just had tried the “Alternate Header”. But no change in behavior. I still won’t work.

I connected my SCT X3 and my notebook, started LiveWire to see, if the PID is written on the list, but no.

This is, what I see:

As you can see, it’s possible to log the “Downstream ACT”.
In the Background you can see the yellow graph, which was a short log and on the upper left corner you can see a value for the “Downstream ACT” in °F.

So it surely works with ODB2, but I can’t see the PID in LiveLink. I sent a email to SCT, hoping to get an answer.

whitesnake
on: April 19, 2011 (GMT)

As expected: no answer yet.

When ian is right and 2216A8 ist wrong: any ideas what PID is used for IAT2 or Downstram ACT?

Pages: [1] 2 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.062 seconds.

Follow me on twitter