Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Unavailable?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unavailable?
Macgyver
Post Unavailable?
on: April 21, 2019 (GMT)

Can there be times after you reset the ECU that certain parameters will not be available until the drive cycles for your car is complete?

I am new to Georgia where you have to get emissions and so my 02 ssensors behind the cats show readings for volts but for temps that section is not highlighted green like a lot of other parameters I know for sure my car doesn’t have.

This might be a question I need to post in a car forum for my car or try to pull the tune to have it checked.

My car has a tune so wondering if they were disabled on the temp section for those 02s.

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Unavailable?
on: April 21, 2019 (GMT)

Quote from Macgyver on April 21, 2019
Can there be times after you reset the ECU that certain parameters will not be available until the drive cycles for your car is complete? …

The ECU maintains ‘flags’ indicating whether or not each of the OBDII Monitors (MISS Status, EVAP, EGR, O2 Heaaters, Catalyst Monitor, etc. etc.) have passed successfully. As you indicate, it _might_ take several ‘Drive Cycles’ for ALL those to complete – bringing emissions readiness true.

But I do not believe there are ANY sensors or OBDII parameters that do not respond at all during that ‘not ready’ condition.

FWIW, my ’04 F150 PU maintains a calculated (or inferred) CAT BED temperature – and it is available even when there is a P1000 code resulting from a fresh ECU or Codes reset.

—————

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter