Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Manage Extra PIDs/Sensors

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Manage Extra PIDs/Sensors
Pedro123
Post Manage Extra PIDs/Sensors
on: March 12, 2019 (GMT)

I need help, hoping someone can get Torque to work for me.

2017 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L – Have the Advanced EX for Hyundai app.

Went to: “Manage extra PIDs/Sensors”, click that and I get “Manage custom OBD2 PIDs”, click “more” , I do get a list of PIDs with “[HADV]” prefix, which includes “ATF Temperature – Added by external plugin” and “CVVT Oil Temperature – Added by external plugin”, plus some more in the list.

I clicked “Add Predefined Set”, but nothing happened. I then went to the list of PIDs and none of the “HADV” PIDs listed were in light green, the color Torque uses to show active PIDs. I then went to a list of PIDs that the ECU tells Torque it supports, ATF and engine oil temp is not listed, but RPMs is, yet I cannot get RPMs on the Torque screen when adding a gauge. In the list of available PIDs it is dark green and not functional.

Can anyone with knowledge on Torque help me? Why is this so hard???

Thanks.

Capp777
Post Re: Manage Extra PIDs/Sensors
on: March 14, 2019 (GMT)

Supported sensors under Adapter Status icon
information shows OBD Mode 01 sensors
supported as reported by your vehicle.

Any custom pids that you have added will
be shown under the Manage extra PIDs/Sensors
list and will be shown when adding a display.

PIDs added by plugin are probably protected
from view/edit by design but should show up
when adding display.

Pedro123
on: March 15, 2019 (GMT)

So does that mean Torque added those PIDs from the Hyundai EX plug-in but the actual vehicle ECU PID is different than the Torque PID that was added????

Capp777
on: March 15, 2019 (GMT)

I cant answer what pid is needed by your
ECU but would expect any pid added to
Torque Pro would be listed in the add
display list and in TorqueScan list.

Pedro123
on: March 16, 2019 (GMT)

Well on my 2017 then I figure the Torque PIDs are out of date and unusable.

I appreciate your responses but overall these forums are useless for solving Torque problems. The developer takes my money and leaves me in the knowledge desert without a solution or explanation – and no way for a refund.

F-150Torqued
on: March 18, 2019 (GMT)

Don’t KNOCK the help you are getting from the Torque Pro forum for problems you’re having with an aftermarket ADD-ON from “Aptoide”. Try their Forum and see how much help you get.

———————-

Pedro123
on: March 19, 2019 (GMT)

“Don’t KNOCK the help you are getting from the Torque Pro forum for problems you’re having with an aftermarket ADD-ON from “Aptoide”. Try their Forum and see how much help you get.”

If the “Aptoid” you’re talking about is the Advanced EX for Hyundai, I did not add it until I found Torque Pro did not work, unless you’re a teenager who wants to know how fast you can accelerate between red lights.

I also added it from recommendations on how to get Torque to work with Hyundais – which it does not – mostly.

F-150Torqued
on: March 19, 2019 (GMT)

One of the problems you’re up against is the ABSOLUTE lack of standardization of OBDII PID assignments – beyond a few ‘very basic’ emissions oriented ones that are mandated. (ATF not among them). The auto mfg’s go out of their way to keep their info to themselves to corner the diagnostics / trouble shooting proprietary for their service departments.

Almost no other scan tool even allows the flexibility to ADD/ADJUST pids, formulas, or display charastics (IE: displaying O2 sensor volts or Fuel Trims on a graph instead of useless jumping digital gauge.

If you can ‘FIND’, ‘ISOLATE’ a parameter, you can create a PID and gauge to display it.

I used scan and found about 475 pids that respond on my 2004 Ford F150. I’ve spent an enormous amount of time isolating and figuring out what sensors / parameters they are. And have nearly 400 that work on my truck. HOWEVER, having said that – a frustrating part is that I have EVEN FOUND PIDS that that work on MINE that are NOT assigned the same on identical model & equipment trucks which were assembled at different FORD plants.

Many make sense – IE: diesel vs. gasser. But I know of several ATF Temp PIDs spread around different Ford products. Perhaps it is because of different manufacturers Temp Sensors — IDK. But I’m almost not surprised you encounter PIDs in an ADD-ON APP that do not respond. It’s legitimately hard to sort the stuff out.

———————

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Follow me on twitter