Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Bidirectional support?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bidirectional support?
Dukes69
Post Bidirectional support?
on: September 21, 2011 (GMT)

Does torque pro offer bidirectional support? I somewhat doubt it, but it’s worth a shot. I run a repair shop and it would be nice go to not hanged to buy a super expensive scanner if I don’t have to.

Thanks
Chris

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Bidirectional support?
on: September 21, 2011 (GMT)

Hi!

Could you elaborate further on what you mean by bi-directional support? Torque sends commands to the ECU (to get the data) so is bi-directional by nature

Regards

Ian

mobile tech
on: September 22, 2011 (GMT)

I think their question about bi-directional is referring to sending signals to sensors.

Dukes69
on: September 25, 2011 (GMT)

Correct. The higher end scanners allow you to control various sensors and modules on the car to determine if they are functioning properly.

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 25, 2011 (GMT)

Hm, I need to find some documentation for the vehicle test modes – it’s very likely that they are proprietary (and that information is very difficult to find!).

Leave it with me and I’ll see if I can at least add the functionality to the app for people to add commands themselves. Might take a release or two.

Regards

Ian

Dukes69
on: October 2, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from admin on September 25, 2011
Hm, I need to find some documentation for the vehicle test modes – it’s very likely that they are proprietary (and that information is very difficult to find!).

Leave it with me and I’ll see if I can at least add the functionality to the app for people to add commands themselves. Might take a release or two.

Regards

Ian

That would be excellent. Thank you!!

WisdomWarlord
on: April 10, 2014 (GMT)

I know this is an old thread but I’m bumping it. I just passed on a repair job because I need to use my scanner to command the fuel pump on, and I have Torque as my scanner. Other things like commanding abs to cycle cylinders during brake bleeding, and cycling the IAC or Evan purge valves. I’m sure at least some is this is publicly available as part of the obd2 protocol and some is indeed proprietary.
This ability would immediately launch Torque into the same class as many 0+ scanners!
Any progress?

merlin2021
on: April 11, 2014 (GMT)

I’m with you on that and I asked about this years ago when this first came out still waiting…

merlin2021

it would also make the appt worth much more money I would give at least a hundred for this one

merlin2021

by the way Hancock tools for the scan tool they also have a home version with the CD and the cables for about 1200 bucks maybe look at that

rocco123
on: May 22, 2014 (GMT)

Would love to see bidirectional capability. That would be awesome for the ability truely control the vehicle for troubleshooting and to someday even change performance like a tuner

Endicott, NY

ddivine01
on: October 12, 2017 (GMT)

Hello all
Bumping this up again as it came up with 100% relevance in my search for bi directional controls, I also would very much like to see some capability to this end, as in my case cycling the three reductant heaters on and off to reset the glow plug control module is the last step in clearing the pending code on my LML Duramax, and it is headed for a limp mode until the control module is reset.

Thanks

Capp777

There is a SEND OBD COMMAND display
that can send commands like a terminal
program. It is still up to the user to provide
any specific commands necessary as these
are typically proprietary like Ian discussed
before and not publically disclosed.

ddivine01

so we’re stuck with using an mdi2 from delco, or one of the various high dollar versions from SnapOn, MAC, or MATCO, and I’m sure there are others OTC etc etc

Anybody have experience with any of them? Or recomendations for or against.

It just really irritates me to no end not being able to repair my own equipment / vehicles.

Zrock
on: October 13, 2017 (GMT)

Their is a reason those high end scanners cost so much. They have to pay for the rights to use all these control codes for veh. Manufacturers don’t just give em away. The same goes for scanners you get what u pay for…

ddivine01
on: October 13, 2017 (GMT)

Well after looking over some of the tool websites, it appears to me that snapon is the only one with much variety and again I have zero experience with any of these, I have had a subscription to CAT ET in the past that I used with the big truck, so my question now is, what do you guys think of a PC based solution rather than a stand alone tablet style scanner. I’m thinking of going the mdi2 route, and then using Tech2Win software as that appears to be a PC based emulation of the older Tech2 handheld scanner which from some paperwork on GM’s site appears to be the period correct tool for a 2012 Silverado like I have

ZimmShawn
on: December 25, 2019 (GMT)

I just started reading the thread as I am interested in this scanner and wondering if possible upgrades in the future are going to be available. Such as getting into other controllers and by functional testing. Not only in lite vehicles as well as heavy trucks.

It’d be well worth it to pay more for a truly professional app vs just watching data and the ability to read and clear codes in select controllers.

I do own scanners that have the ability but it’d be nice to get away from the expenses of the updates. Considering that you can only update for so many times before the high end scan tool is obsolete.

25 years in the field. Ranging from basics to heavy line. Foreign and domestic.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.

Follow me on twitter