Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 05 f250 won't read trans temp

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 05 f250 won't read trans temp
Heavy_Duty
Post Re: 05 f250 won
on: March 6, 2019 (GMT)

Still sats the same thing

Result for equation: [No response]

Command: 2211bd

Response: NO DATA

Capp777
on: March 6, 2019 (GMT)

I am wondering if a diagnostics enable
or tester present command is needed.

Just curious if you tried running TorqueScan
to see what the same pids return.

Sorry you are having so much trouble trying
to read TFT. Was hoping someone on a Ford
specific forum had resolved this already.

Tux
on: March 8, 2019 (GMT)

I’ve only used Torque Lite, not Torque Pro, so please forgive me if I’m missing something. But I can’t help wondering as I read this progressing thread if this is simply a problem with the wrong protocol being expected (and, therefore, the wrong OBD message headers being specified) for PCM communication.

I know that the OP stated that the protocol showed up as ISO 15765-4, 11-bit, 500 Kbps, but on my 2004 Ford Ranger, there are 6 nodes speaking a total of 3 protocols. The PCM speaks SAE J1850 PWM. The IC speaks ISO 15765-4 11-bit, 500-kbps. The other 4 nodes speak ISO 9141-2 protocol.

Is it possible that the OP somehow saw and reported the protocol for a non-PCM node when the PCM itself might be speaking SAE J1850 PWM?

Also, in case it helps, on my 2004 Ford Ranger, I get valid replies to two Mode 22 PIDs: 11BD (which I’m reasonably sure is actually the Transmission Fluid Temperature Voltage, using formula “AB * 5 / 65536”) and 1674 (which I’m reasonably sure is actually the Transmission Fluid Temperature in degrees Fahrenheit, using formula “AB / 8”).

EDIT: Silly forum software corrupted my Mode and PID numbers because of leading dollar sign!

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter