Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Clearing codes with bluetooth?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clearing codes with bluetooth?
jfabernathy
Post Clearing codes with bluetooth?
on: February 16, 2019 (GMT)

I bought Panlong Bluetooth OBD II adapter and also bought the Pro version of the Torgue app for my Android phone. I’m not sure if the Clear fault function is working or maybe I don’t understand it. If I drive my Ram 3500 diesel around town a lot I get a P2201 NOx sensor code with the Check Engine Light (CEL). When I get the code, Torque cannot clear it.

If I drive the truck hard on a trip the CEL will go out and stay out for a month or so. While the CEL is out I still see the P2201 code and still can’t clear it. Each scan brings it back. I think it’s highlighted in Red.

If the CEL is not on, shouldn’t I be able to clear it?

jfabernathy
Post Re: Clearing codes with bluetooth?
on: February 18, 2019 (GMT)

I got the advice somewhere that I should only try to clear the codes using Torque Pro while the truck was ON, but the engine NOT running. Could that be the problem I’m having?

I did get the code cleared but it involved disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. After that time I reconnected the battery put the ignition in the ON position and scanned for fault codes. The fault was still there. Then I cleared the fault codes with Torque Pro and started the truck. At that point a scan of faults showed no P2201.

So does clearing fault codes only work in ON position with no engine running???

Capp777
on: February 18, 2019 (GMT)

Some DTCs require associated monitors to run
successfully several times before clearing. Maybe
that is what you are seeing.

I reset with KOEO as well.

Manufacturer specific DTCs may require a different
proprietary command to reset.

Has the problem been repaired?

jfabernathy
on: February 19, 2019 (GMT)

Quote from Capp777 on February 18, 2019

Has the problem been repaired?

I have not repaired anything as Dodge/RAM tech advice is that the problem will be fixed by long periods of working the engine hard, like Interstate speeds or pulling heavy loads (16,000lb).

But the P2201 is clear as indicated by the CEL, or MIL as RAM calls it, being off. The last scan I did with Torque Pro showed no P2201.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter