Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Problem with Boost / Vacuum reading

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problem with Boost / Vacuum reading
mbiondo
Post Problem with Boost / Vacuum reading
on: January 29, 2019 (GMT)

The Vacuum / boost gauge on Torque Pro is displaying my Vacuum at idle as 10.7 inhg, whereas a proper vacuum gauge fitted to the car is displaying the idle vacuum as 19.3 inhg, right where it should be. So it seems that Torque Pro is only showing the MAP absolute pressure and not taking into account Barometric pressure (Vacuum = Baro 30inhg – MAP 10.7 inhg = 19.3 inhg). I can display the Barometric pressure, but it does not seem to be factored into the vacuum calculation. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

mbiondo
Post Re: Problem with Boost / Vacuum reading

Or, on second thoughts, the displayed -10.7 inhg may actually be -10.7 psi. I have selected “show negative PSI as inhg”, but another post on this forum seems to suggest that Torque Pro will just display the inhg units, but not convert to inhg. Is this still a valid bug or issue with Torque Pro?

Capp777

What does your boost read with KOEO?

Does it read zero?

mbiondo
on: February 3, 2019 (GMT)

Well, found the problem. It seems that if you use a digital display, Torque will only display Vacuum in PSI rather than inhg. Whereas if use one of the needle or meter gauges, then Vacuum is correctly displayed as inhg.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Follow me on twitter