Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 2018 Civic Head Unit Lag / Adapter Error Count

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 Civic Head Unit Lag / Adapter Error Count
warrior64nd
Post 2018 Civic Head Unit Lag / Adapter Error Count
on: January 26, 2019 (GMT)

Hello, I’ve been using Torque pro for years, fantastic app! Normally I use the app through my Pixel phone with a kiwi 3 adapter. I decided to do something a little cooler and rooted my 2018 Civic head unit and installed the app. The head unit does not work with bluetooth adapters so I ordered a wifi one:

https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Scanner-Compatible-Android-Diagnostic/dp/B00WPW6BAE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1548540393&sr=8-5&keywords=obd+wifi+adapter

The app loads up like normal but the gauges / displays in the dashboard hang / do not update (the green flasher is extremely slow and sometimes is 5 sec between flashes) I looked at the “Adapter Error Count” and after 5 min of driving it had 3 errors and 145 faults. I tried the adapter with my pixel and the gauges / displays worked fine and there were only 3 faults.

Do you think this is an adapter issue and I should replace it or is this a hardware issue and the head unit isn’t powerful enough to run properly.

Head unit specs:
Android: 4.2.2
CPU: 4 cores; ARMv7 Processor rev 9 (v7l) tegra; Max: 900.0 MHz; Min: 450.0 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA AP; NVIDIA Corporation; OpenGL ES-CM 1.1; OpenGL ES 2.0 16.05001
RAM: 1024MB

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Follow me on twitter