Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque can't connect to USB OBD adapter

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque can't connect to USB OBD adapter
Vasilich
Post Torque can't connect to USB OBD adapter
on: January 14, 2019 (GMT)

Hello Ian,
i have bought an OBDII adapter based on PIC..25K80, with UART FTDI 232. Tried to connect it to my headunit, did everything as described in your wiki/here on forum. After connecting OBD adapter to headunit the Torque starts automatically, tries to connect to adapter (opening COM port seems to work?), and tells me later, that there is “no answer from adapter. Are you sure that you have set proper baud rate?”, and small blue icon for connected adapter changes its colour to orange.
I have tried to set baud rate to Automatic (initial setting), 38400, 57600, 115200 without effect – same message comes after adapter reconnect.

Other programs for OBDII (like “ELM327 chat”) are working (can connect, communicate and deliver expected results) as soon as i change their connection type to USB.

Is there any chance that i do something wrong?
Or are you aware of this problem and have solution in mind?
Does the announced “USB driver update” in forthcoming version aim to correct that problem (if yes – when we can expect that version? i am on the Beta channel for Torque in Google PlayMarket)?

I have (rooted) Android 6.0.1 on my headunit.
Thanks.

cintakc
Post Re: Torque can
on: January 14, 2019 (GMT)

I have also written several times already that I do not connect to the USB adapter, the author Torque promised to fix it a year ago, but did not do it

cintakc
on: January 17, 2019 (GMT)

piemmm
Bump

cintakc
on: February 9, 2019 (GMT)

piemmm
Bump

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4