Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 2003 F250 6.0 Diesel no start

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2003 F250 6.0 Diesel no start
Raven250
Post 2003 F250 6.0 Diesel no start
on: January 13, 2019 (GMT)

Hi, I recently purchased the ELM 327 and the Torque Pro app. I installed it and everything was going well. I was pretty happy viewing all of the PIDs on my tablet. I followed Diesel tech Rons video on Torque app setup including adding the custom Pids 2209CD FICM Sync which had an equation of {A:1} and Header 7EO. Also 2216AD (ICP-Voltage) with an Equation (((A*256)+B)*(72/10000))/100. At some point my engine oil started reading like -40 on the app. When I went to start the truck it wouldn’t crank at all. Many lights flashed on the dash, there were some clicking noises and the speedometer and tach would jump all the way up. Torque app cant cause things like this to happen can it? I deleted the two custom Pids, I disconnected the bluetooth, I reset the app, I disconnected the batteries for 15 mins… still no start. I left the battery cables disconnected over night so if it is a computer issue hopefully it will reset. I do know that I had the key on messing with the app for a while so I will also check to make sure the batteries aren’t drained. Any info to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks

-Brian

moreause
Post Re: 2003 F250 6.0 Diesel no start

don’t know the specific of your model

I have read that it can happen when the device try to connect in auto mod (the light but not the not start) since torque is talking a different speed until he get a response …and that incorrect speed request can do some weird stuff

i also did some test one time and fludded the comunication bus
i lost the dash but the car didn’t stop

but break something i don’t think so … unless the module it self is broken

Capp777

Are you using the correct protocol? 7E0
(zero not O) is for CAN? I thought the older
Fords used PWM?

Raven250

Hi Capp777, Thanks for the reply. I am not sure, this is all new to me. I assumed that the problem may have been from the custom Pid’s so I deleted both of the ones that I created. I also left the battery cables disconnected over night. Hopefully the computer is sufficiently reset when I get outside to try and start the truck today. It doesn’t help that we are getting snow right now in Maryland. :)

Capp777

I believe the older Ford diesels were using
a subset of OBDII commands. I remember
posters describing problems with unrecognized
commands and pids in a 7.3 thread.

Testing each pid for a proper response with
KOEO was recommended. Removing any
pids that don’t respond.

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=798.0

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=3903.0

Raven250

Thanks for that info CAPP, I was looking at something similar this morning. It ended up being just low battery power. I was able to get the truck jump started with the help of a little Volkswagen of all things. After it started up many gauges on the dash were off, the fuel light was on and the ABS light was on but I gave it some time and the computer ironed everything out. Now the truck is running and I am able to view the Pids, all is well in the world again :) Very strange how the dash acts when the batteries are low. I took a video of it, it looks possessed. Many lights are flashing, relays are clicking, it doesn’t look very happy. I thought I did some damage to the computer but luckily for me it was just low battery. Thanks again

-Brian

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.

Follow me on twitter