Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track recorder

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Track recorder
dnz
Post Re: Track recorder
on: March 5, 2012 (GMT)

I’ve found and tried different OS X and Windows versions of Xuggler with the exact same results as you (encoding… with no progress after hours). The only constant has been the TorqueEncoder5.jar. I would tend to think the problem lies there.

2011 E90 M3
Droid Razr
OBDLink MX

v8guy
on: April 3, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from Pierce on December 30, 2011
Quote from lordmystic on December 29, 2011

“Unable to start(Possible camera quality setting not supported):start failed”

I purchased the pro version today hoping to use the track recorder. Track event scheduled in a week or two! I can’t get the track recorder to record. On the highest and medium camera settings, I get this same error:
Unable to start(Possible camera quality setting not supported)
On the lowest setting, it doesn’t give me the error, but it doesn’t record.

I have Thunderbolt. Any ideas how to resolve?

v8guy
on: April 5, 2012 (GMT)

Hi any updates? I’m not sure what else to try to get it to work.

travisb
on: April 7, 2012 (GMT)

I have a Droid Bionic and when recording in an HD format the video is messed up. I get the pink and green that I’ve seen reported. If I record in a lower setting the video is ok. Unfortunately, I discovered this after my race. Are there any fixes for this?

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 8, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

I believe there is a firmware upgrade available for the Bionic which addresses the issues with the video recording doing this (it’s a bug with their camera driver) – you should be on at least Android 2.3.6

travisb

I am running the most current version on the Bionic that Motorola has. It is Android version 2.3.4 and system version 5.9.902.

Are there other Bionic users who can record in HD? SD works just fine.

drdino

I have the following problem: the encoding video window pops up and says starting encode, but nothing seems to be going on. Any pointers?

Video folder pulled from Galaxy Nexus, running win7 x64.

Sieran
on: April 12, 2012 (GMT)

Is there anything i can do for the java converter on my home PC? It seems to run very slow compared to a laptop i use at work.

Both are running Win 7 Professional x64.

The difference is my home PC is running an AMD X64 8 core CPU at 3.1ghz and the laptop is an Intel x64 quad core at 3.2ghz.

The laptop seems to encode at 3x the rate of my home PC. For a normal/high quality recording it is slightly faster than real time and slightly slower than real time for a 720 quality. My home PC encodes at about 75% real time on normal/high and 25% speed on 720.

I have tried disabling the multiple cores and running the app, but that seemed to have no effect on performance. I even did a temp overclock to about 3.3ghz and i couldn’t tell a noticeable speed increase.

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 13, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

The most noticeable speed decrease will be if you have the map showing as an overlay when encoding (it takes a fair amount of ‘oomph’ from the CPU to encode a video with the map overlay showing)

The encoding speed is something I will look at, (I have yet to profile the code), but I have a couple of things to do with the app before I do that

One thing though – make sure you are on the latest java (I think Java 7 has been released now, which does have some good performance improvements in)

xshawk
on: April 18, 2012 (GMT)

having the same export issues as several others on this thread.
I can choose the video (none of the videos show a thumbnail)
and start the encoding, but the app stops at that point… “Starting encoding” for over an hour.

tried on work Win7 x64 pc AMD quad core 640 at 3ghz with 4G RAM
and on my Macbook Pro laptop after updating to the latest version of java. same results

Using TorqueEncoder-v6.jar

and the latest versions of Torque Pro
and Track Recorder.
Samsung Epic 4G (SPH-D700)
running ICS

Sébastien
on: May 14, 2012 (GMT)

Idea: could we make the Recorder menus to appear when a the screen is short touched anywhere ?
Long press would still offer the display related items

(as recent devices no longer have hardware button, reaching the soft “menu” button is a bit complicated to toggle recording)

Or maybe just clicking the “Not recording/Recording” could also act as a toggle.

Thoughts? Thanks again for this great plugin.

France

v8guy
on: August 11, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Ian – do you have the ability to test the track recorder on a Thunderbolt? The app is great, but I would love to use this feature. Maybe I can help you troubleshoot?

speed2006
on: August 23, 2012 (GMT)

Expected new version? I think Extenal Memory, Exporting video, etc. Slowly end of the summer season. Not much useful has been made of record.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android 6.0.1
ELM327
BMW 325i

cpattison09
on: August 24, 2012 (GMT)

Will there be a share button (or something like that) in the future so you can just send the recorded video instead of using a PC?

faus
on: August 24, 2012 (GMT)

I’m having problems to upload/sync videos to my PC using wi-fi. I think the old version using USB interface was a better way to transfer the files. Can I use old version of TorqueEncoder?

speed2006
on: August 27, 2012 (GMT)

Worse than it was. Maximum resolution is 640×480? 720p is not possible? No 1080p? Unfortunately, I upgraded. Still not able to add external sd card.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android 6.0.1
ELM327
BMW 325i

Hiej

Speed,

for me no problems to rec in 720p (the maximum resolution allowed by my phone [SGS+ i9001 running Gingerbread 2.3.6])

are you using a stock rom or modded rom?

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7

speed2006

Original room on SG S3, Android 4.0.4. But it would not be a problem. So far gone to 1080p and 720p.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android 6.0.1
ELM327
BMW 325i

speed2006

Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android 4.0.4, freezes.
Fortunately I have learned and made it app backup. I installed back to the old version for all Phone.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android 6.0.1
ELM327
BMW 325i

Hiej

sorry speed2006, I was wrong: I’ve not noticed the new TR update.

In effect new TR do not allow 720p recording also on my phone, and quality is weird also when set to High.

Reverted back to old TR too, for me it’s works fine.

2010 Mazda 2.2d – 185
OBDLink MX – SGS7

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.076 seconds.

Follow me on twitter