Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track recorder

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Track recorder
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Track recorder
on: December 29, 2011 (GMT)

ok

i have access to a desire HD – I will try to see what’s up for you in the next few days and try to fix it

Pierce
on: December 30, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from lordmystic on December 29, 2011
hi. i have “htc desire hd”.

a can’t record:
“Unable to start(Possible camera quality setting not supported):start failed”

with older version a can record with high quality, with version 1.6.14 a have this message. when i change quality to low, i can sometimes record.

can i download and install older version? thx!

I got a DHD too and can confirm this behaviour.
Recording worked just fine but doesn’t work anymore.

@lordmystic: which software do you have on yours? I’ve got original Android 2.3.5, the update came just short time ago. Maybe something changed there?

waflo
on: January 20, 2012 (GMT)

Could you please advice how to remove unwanted dials from Track Recorder? I add one accidentally and can’t find way to remove it :( Anyone?

frodus
on: January 21, 2012 (GMT)

Press and hold your finger on the dial you don’t want, then select “delete display”

MustangGT
Post Re: Track recorder - No map on exported video
on: January 21, 2012 (GMT)

First of all, thanks for great application!

Should I get the map overlay on exported video? I watched the example video from Ian and there it was. I’m not getting the map on my exported videos. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-09lagwXufs ). On the phone screen play back map shows up ok.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Android 2.3.5
Computer: Lenovo T61, WinXP, Java (1.7.0_01) installed.

Anybody else having same issue?

Saabthing
on: January 23, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from Pierce on December 30, 2011
Quote from lordmystic on December 29, 2011
hi. i have “htc desire hd”.

a can’t record:
“Unable to start(Possible camera quality setting not supported):start failed”

with older version a can record with high quality, with version 1.6.14 a have this message. when i change quality to low, i can sometimes record.

can i download and install older version? thx!

I got a DHD too and can confirm this behaviour.
Recording worked just fine but doesn’t work anymore.

@lordmystic: which software do you have on yours? I’ve got original Android 2.3.5, the update came just short time ago. Maybe something changed there?

Same issue for me too. Desire HD, updated to Android 2.3.5. Worked fine on older 2.3.3? and before the latest Torque update. Now it won’t record, I’ve tried every setting for the camera. Ian, I sent a log yesterday when the screen gave me the option to send error or close app.

Toronto, Canada
I fly a Saab 9-3ss

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’ll be looking at this(and a few other issues with the plugin), this week so expect some movement with the plugin and encoder (now most of the web viewer changes are complete)

It may require a couple of attempts to get right, as I don’t currently have one of the most problematic devices (thanks for the versioning info though as this is useful)

JamDawg

I’m having some sync erros and it is evident because my recorded MPH will start to slow down while I am still on the trottle down the strights. I will post a video later for you to review.

brookes2622
on: January 29, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from MustangGT on January 21, 2012
First of all, thanks for great application!

Should I get the map overlay on exported video? I watched the example video from Ian and there it was. I’m not getting the map on my exported videos. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-09lagwXufs ). On the phone screen play back map shows up ok.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Android 2.3.5
Computer: Lenovo T61, WinXP, Java (1.7.0_01) installed.

Anybody else having same issue?

I get the same thing but I think it’s normal so…

Feature request please: When encoding can the map overlay also be inserted?

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 29, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

I’ll see if I can get the map export done – it’s an encoder thing. I have to move house this week so the recorder and encoder will be the next things I work on

Ian

brookes2622
on: January 30, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

While you look at the recorder can you tell me if there are any encoder limitations? I have a 4GB file and I’m wondering if the encoder can handle it.

Cheers

Stephan.

bshure
on: January 31, 2012 (GMT)

Hello Ian:

I followed your instructions to export video. I select the video in my phone with the java app, and it says “starting encode” and then hangs.

Help!

Thanks,

Bert

D2nny
on: February 4, 2012 (GMT)

Would it be possible, to choose a location to save the video’s?
Because I have got a Samsung and the files are now saved to the internal memory of the phone (8GB, almost full) while I have a 32GB MicroSD in the SD slot, but cannot use it now.

HERC
on: February 4, 2012 (GMT)

Some of my “Track Recorder” Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU20-k3OuvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNOLAjMdewE

I must admit that the encoding is a little hit and miss.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt and I can’t find a reason why..

But when it does work its epic

Saabthing
on: February 21, 2012 (GMT)

Any updates for the HTC Desire HD Android 2.3.5 people?
My Track Recorder still won’t work :(

Toronto, Canada
I fly a Saab 9-3ss

Honkme
on: February 23, 2012 (GMT)

Several issues I’ve run across while playing around with track recorder:

My dials eventually go out of sync from what’s being shown on video.

Dials I’ve added myself show up when I watch the video on my phone, but don’t show when I encode and view them on the computer. Only the default speed and rev dials show in the latter case.

My vacuum/boost dial reads twice as much vacuum when displayed in in/Hg. For example I normally idle at -20 and hit -23 to -24 while engine braking, but in track recorder this shows anywhere from -40 to -48. No problems when generating boost, all positive values show up correctly. Have not tried to see if the doubled vacuum occurs when switched to psi units.

Encoder doesn’t find files on the Galaxy Nexus, probably because it doesn’t mount as a USB mass storage device and the encoding applet is looking for something mounted with a drive letter. My workaround thus far is to copy /torqueRecorder from the phone to the root of my hard drive.

This is on an ELM327 v1.5 adapter, CDMA Galaxy Nexus, and 2004 USDM Subaru STi recording on high quality. I think I’ll give medium and/or low quality a try to see if the de-syncing still occurs.

Honkme
on: March 2, 2012 (GMT)

A few quick updates:

I tried medium quality in case the phone was having trouble keeping up somehow with recording, but nt dials still go out of sync. They start off ok with the first 30-45 seconds synced, but progressively become more and more out of sync beyond that. I have a feeling it might actually be slowly losing sync immediately upon recording, but the discrepancy probably isn’t very noticeable until reaching the one minute mark or so.

Dials not showing in the encoded video appears to be a resolution scaling issue in the encoder. The phone display resolution is 1280×720 and the resulting encoded video is 712×429. It appears that the encoder only takes dials shown in that 712×429 resolution space, starting from the upper left corner as 0,0. Thus the default speed and rpm dials showed, but not gauges I had added to the very bottom of my display, which were much further below the cutoff of 429 pixels with 720 vertical resolution in landscape mode. Any dials placed to the right of 712 pixels horizontally would similarly be cut off.

I’ve also noticed that I can’t move or delete the default speed and rpm displays, try as I might. Is this the intended behavior?

Would it be possible to incorporate a HD/720p recording option in the next track recorder update?

Snowmaker
on: March 2, 2012 (GMT)

@Honkme

I also have the same problem. I personally wonder if it has to do with the fact that the Galaxy Nexus doesn’t record at 30fps. It’s 28 if I remember correctly. At the end of a 30 minute recording I’m getting a delay of about 30 seconds.

Honkme
on: March 3, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from Snowmaker on March 2, 2012
@Honkme

I also have the same problem. I personally wonder if it has to do with the fact that the Galaxy Nexus doesn’t record at 30fps. It’s 28 if I remember correctly. At the end of a 30 minute recording I’m getting a delay of about 30 seconds.

I hadn’t considered that it might be a framerate issue. I’m not sure that’s the issue though because as far as I know, the Galaxy Nexus records 30fps at 720p and lower and 24fps at 1080p. According to VLC player my videos recorded through Track Recorder have a frame rate of 29.998185 and they’re the same as if I record 720p or 480p videos through the native camera app.

Sieran
on: March 4, 2012 (GMT)

Maybe this has been posted somewhere, but I am having a hard time getting the encoder to work.

I have installed the “xuggle-xuggler.3.3.940-win32-setup” (was a PITA to find a working installer on the net), rebooted, and tried the encoder.

It launches and finds my files, but with no thumbnail. When the encoder starts it just sits at “Starting encoding” and never goes anywhere. I have let it run close to an hour with no progress.

I have tried it on my Win 7 x64 Enterprise box along with a 32x Win XP box with the same results.

Is it possible the xuggle-xuggler install is bad? Their website took the download down and you have to compile it yourself now (no that computer literate in that field).

Thanks for any pointers.

Andrew

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.

Follow me on twitter