Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track recorder

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14
Author Topic: Track recorder
Groucho
Post Re: Track recorder
on: September 27, 2012 (GMT)

Anxiously awaiting the update, to get HD recording. I’ve got about a month until my track day and I’m really hoping to get everything figured out just right ahead of time! Thanks!

tabcums
on: September 28, 2012 (GMT)

Hi everyone,
I am a newby in this Android toy. I installed the Torque pro and a few plugins including the Track Recorder from Google Play store on my new Nexus7. Torque runs fine with the OBD2 Elm327 but when I try the Track Recorder, I got the message flashed in the middle of the screen, “Unable to connect to the camera”. Hence, no recording. Gauges and map are displayed properly. Anyone saw this problem before in the previous version?

Google Nexus 7
Android version 4.1.1
Torque pro version: Latest as of 9/27/12
Track Recorder version: 1.6.32

Wonder if the new version will address this problem as well.

Sarote

DarkseidUK
on: October 1, 2012 (GMT)

Hello Everyone

@Ian just gotta say dude this is an awesome app. I played with the free version of Torque for a week or so and then got the full monty yesterday. Track recorder works excellent on my S3. The only issue I have is the encoder just sitting on the “starting encoding” screen. But its not a biggy as I can just copy the files across and encode using the Mp4 and the SRT file (doesn`t look as funky as with the dials but still has all the info).

So will look forward to the encoder issue being fixed but it doesn`t stop me from enjoying the work done so far.

Well done.

EkS
on: October 3, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from DarkseidUK on October 1, 2012
Hello Everyone

@Ian just gotta say dude this is an awesome app. I played with the free version of Torque for a week or so and then got the full monty yesterday. Track recorder works excellent on my S3. The only issue I have is the encoder just sitting on the “starting encoding” screen. But its not a biggy as I can just copy the files across and encode using the Mp4 and the SRT file (doesn`t look as funky as with the dials but still has all the info).

So will look forward to the encoder issue being fixed but it doesn`t stop me from enjoying the work done so far.

Well done.

I’m having the same issue. What app are you using to encode the MP4 and SRT file?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

If it’s sitting on the ‘starting encoding’ ,make sure that you’re using a 32-bit Java VM and not the 64-bit version (completley uninstall the 64-bit version and make sure it’s no longer there)

DarkseidUK

@Eks

I use boilsoft video convertor as its easy to use and cheap. but you can use most video conversion software like virtualdub etc.

@IanH I only have a paupers 32bit machine anyhoo so my guess is I only have the 32bit VM environment installed. It doesnt tell me in the “program and features” part of the control panel which version but I assume 32 bit. but thanks for the info anyway.

peterb80.pb

Hi, after new update TR is not working again,same problem as before!!!! what is going on??

Kinetix
on: October 4, 2012 (GMT)

Hello Ian,

First I want to say big thanks for developing Torque! I am a big fan of it :)

Let me ask a question: is it possible to set an offset when encoding video? I mean I would like to bring forward data displayed on gauges with around 0.5-1 seconds, where can I set this value?

Thanks,

Zsolt
Hungary

MD1032
on: October 6, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on October 3, 2012
Hi

If it’s sitting on the ‘starting encoding’ ,make sure that you’re using a 32-bit Java VM and not the 64-bit version (completley uninstall the 64-bit version and make sure it’s no longer there)

This comment saved me a boatload of time!

subarub4
on: October 6, 2012 (GMT)

What happens when it wifi syncs but the largest video is showing no thumb nail and picking it says failed to encode?

The smaller video 69kb works with no issues.

bikky73
on: October 9, 2012 (GMT)

I’ve got a possible bug, or is it me?

I’ve just installed track recorder, and setup my gauges, I have 3 issues.

Samsung Galaxy ACE2, rooted dual core rom at 1000mhz (not the 800 standard) and Gingerbread.

Torque works spot on.

1. When I load TR, it takes some time for my settings to load. It loads straight away into the default settings but to load my setup takes a little while, is this normal?

2. I click record and it starts recording, but there’s no camera view, its blank. I leave this for a few seconds and click stop and all looks well.

3. I click play and get told there’s no recording.

Firstly the camera issue? any assistance?
Secondly, do I need to be connected to my ELM to record and store? ie actually recieving car data. At the moment I’m just trying to setup TR to display what I want, and test it will indeed record.

Thanks

kapazo
on: October 10, 2012 (GMT)

I have a problem when trying to extract a video.i open torque sync i can broswe my videos.but when i select one and try to encode it it says failed with error.is there any solution for that?

MD1032
on: October 10, 2012 (GMT)

I’m having an issue where a very large HD file will not synchronize but a smaller low-res one will. Samsung Galaxy S3.

edit: Update: It appears to be an HD video problem. I just uploaded a larger (>100 MB) file that was standard def without a problem.

bikky73
on: October 11, 2012 (GMT)

Yeah, after much playing it doesn’t work on the ACE2/Gingerbread

It loads quickly enough, but then takes a while to load my layout settings. Only about 5 seconds but I’d of thought a little quicker.

It goes through the motions on map background of recording etc. but then say’s there’s no recordings available.

if I take off the map view I just get black background, with no camera view. Somtimes it goes through the motions, other times it crashes out, not Torque, just the track recorder.

speed2006
on: November 18, 2012 (GMT)

Long time ago, no solution to the external SD on Samsung s3. Will there be a solution? Or we can forget it?

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android 6.0.1
ELM327
BMW 325i

jimmy_x86
on: November 20, 2012 (GMT)

I have a SGS2 with MIUI 4.1.2 with latest Torque and TrackRecorder, and I cannot record:
“Unable to start(Possible camera quality setting not supported): start failed”

Does not matter the resolution I select.
Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

djdino
on: November 22, 2012 (GMT)

I am getting a fax like sound in the background, anyone else getting a smiliar noise?

This is with my htc one x+ running 4.1.1

speed2006
on: December 23, 2012 (GMT)

Since long time we report a problem, what has not been resolved. External SD card, after start recording restart. These are in progress? Will be no further development?

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android 6.0.1
ELM327
BMW 325i

stevo874
on: January 16, 2013 (GMT)

I have a SGS2 SGH-T989 running android 4.0.4, and I cant seem to record anything on track recorder.
It very briefly says record, but then the screen just freezes and says not recording, but if I press back, it will just go back to the torque main screen as if nothing happened.

I’ve tried uninstalling, clearing cache, and reinstalling to no avail.
Is there something I’m missing, or is it just something buggy with the phone?

Thanks!

V12
on: February 13, 2013 (GMT)

I have Samsung Galaxy X-Cover, latest TorquePro and latest TrackRecorder. Xuugler, Torque sync etc are latest version, too. But encoded video is not synchronized with OBD data and map – video is delayed 2 – 3 seconds on 11 minutes recorded trip. Where is problem ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.098 seconds.

Follow me on twitter