Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 2006 Duramax Protocol and Torque Settings

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2006 Duramax Protocol and Torque Settings
Saul907
Post 2006 Duramax Protocol and Torque Settings
on: January 6, 2019 (GMT)

Hi,

I’m trying to get TorquePro and a BAFX adapter to work my 2006 Duramax (LBZ).
After some research, I’m finding that GM switched to a Bosch ECM in 2006 and also found the following info:

……………………………….

“On the 06-07 LBZ ECM, it was configured to use both Class 2 (J1850 VPW) and high speed GMLAN. The high speed GMLAN aspect on the 06-07 Dmax was for scan tool diagnostics, module reprogramming, and internal ECM TCM GPCM communications only. It was a hybrid of Class 2 and GMLAN use.

Class 2 data is/was used for communication with the rest of the Silverado body (instrument cluster readings, communications with ABS module, transfer case module, body control module, etc)…because the 2003-2007 GMT-800 electrical architecture and interior/chassis modules never supported GMLAN.

So you should be able to pick up basic PIDs such as trans temp, speedo, tach, gear display, fuel level, oil pressure, coolant temp, etc over the J1850VPW Class 2 bus, and not even need to mess around with GMLAN.

Also, on 2006-2007 LBZ, speedo and tach have discrete PWM outputs on the ECM…so really you dont even need anything fancy for speedo/tach…just use any aftermarket speedo/tach that you would use for an LSx gasser swap.

Obviously 2007.5+ GMT-900 LMM went to 100% high speed GMLAN, no more discrete inputs/outputs (like for speedo/tach/cruise control) used on the ECM, and no more Class 2 comms.

Basic SAE-supported PIDs info on GMLAN/CAN should be publicly available, as any generic CAN-capable scan tool will work on any 06+ Duramax.”

…………………………………

So, I tried making a couple different vehicle profiles, one to read Class2 and one to read CAN, but I can’t get either one to work. I’ve searched the forum for answers without success. I’m an old school mechanic, not a programmer.

Maybe I just need to correct some settings?

Has anyone been able to connect to this hybrid system (2006-2007classic)?

2006 LBZ Duramax
Samsung S7
BAFX OBD2 reader

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.007 seconds.

Follow me on twitter