Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » calibrate fuel in Pro?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: calibrate fuel in Pro?
casa26687
Post calibrate fuel in Pro?
on: December 29, 2018 (GMT)

Hi,
Just did my first ‘trip’ with Torque Lite and everything looks ‘better’ ( a LOT of information) than I hoped except for MPG.
Vehicle: 1998 Dodge RamWagon 5.9L gas.
The problem: 50 miles round trip (8 miles city @ 35MPH, 42 miles freeway @ 75 MPH) and Torque Lite showed instant MPG around 47, with 100 while coasting and average MPG for the trip was 45.8.
I calculate 10~12 MPG every fillup, so it’s impossible for the van to get 45 MPG – well, maybe coasting down Pike’s Peak…
I haven’t seen any way to recalculate the fuel flow in Lite and was wondering if it’s a feature in Pro???

sunbaj
Post Re: calibrate fuel in Pro?

Well there is no way to recalculate however when you create the profile of your vehicle you need to add a lot of details like engine displacement, fuel type, max dial rpm and many more. Hope you have correctly filled all the required details. Even then what I have observed that it would be off from the actual calculations. Specially the calculations related to the fuel, cost etc are slightly off or rather I should say it is impossible to correctly put all the parameters in the Vehicle Profile.

casa26687

Hello,
Couldn’t find Vehicle Profile in Lite settings… but changed engine displacement from 1.6L to 5.9L and weight from 1600Kg to 2600Kg. Don’t know when I’ll be able to give it another ‘distance test’, but I’ll see if there’s a difference short term (only drive about 15 miles a week).
Thanks for the information.
Is Vehicle Profile in Pro? Or is engine and weight the only settings available?

sunbaj
on: December 31, 2018 (GMT)

Also if your car is a diesel fuel car the Lite version would not work. You need to buy the Pro version for Diesel cars.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter