Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Pro & RacingMeter Permanent Dashboard.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Pro & RacingMeter Permanent Dashboard.
antADR
Post Torque Pro & RacingMeter Permanent Dashboard.
on: November 30, 2018 (GMT)

Hi Guys,

New user here over in the UK.

I have an E30 Track Car running Emerald ECU (Aftermarket engine management).

I have seen another user who has used the obd from this ECU to Link up a tablet and using Torque pro and Racingmeter has added several additional gauges to his road/track Car.

I’m in a different situation and the dash thats in the racecar needs throwing in the bin.

I’m planning to instead install a Tablet into a proper fabricated shroud and use this as the entire dashboard for the racecar.

So link the obd bluetooth to the tablet and rely on this as the sole readout for the car (Maybe a seperate oil pressure light)

Having not used the Torque -BHP app yet or the Racing Meter plugin (Just waiting on my obd bluetooth adaptor from USA) my question is, is anyone else using this App or combination of apps in their car daily, if so is the readout reliable enough and up to date .

Secondly how do you find viewing a Tablet screen on a bright Day in the car ?!

Interested to hear your thoughts on this project.

Many thanks

Ant

Gofish
Post Re: Torque Pro & RacingMeter Permanent Dashboard.
on: December 17, 2018 (GMT)

I have used a tablet running torque on my daily driver and I have had very fefew issues with it operationally under daily usage. I would suggest you get a good obd reader so you get fast data transfer. Otherwise I have been really happy with the setup. I have ran it for almost a full year now and I am planning on modding my Jeep dashboard in the future. If you would like pictures I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Fish.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter