Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Why are some stats freezing up on me w/ OBDLink LX and 2003 Ford 6.0 Diesel

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are some stats freezing up on me w/ OBDLink LX and 2003 Ford 6.0 Diesel
fabsroman
Post Why are some stats freezing up on me w/ OBDLink LX and 2003 Ford 6.0 Diesel
on: November 23, 2018 (GMT)

I have an OBDLink LX and the Torque Pro app on a 2003 Ford F350 6.0 diesel.

I have downloaded the Ford specific PIDS for the 6.0 diesel and am using a couple of them (e.g., MAP, Engine Oil Temp, FICM voltage).

I start the app, put the key to the on position, wait for the flashing pickup to stop, and then start the truck. Everything works fine for a couple of minutes. I get stats for:

Speed
Revs
FICM
EOT
ECT
TFT
Gear
MAP
VGT
Instant MPG
Trip MPG
Average MPG

After about 5 minutes or so of running the truck with the app working just fine, pretty much all the readings freeze up. The exceptions are the Gear indicator and the ECT. Everything else freezes at that specific data point.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening? Is it something with the app or might I have a bad OBDLink? When I try to use the OBDLink app it tells me that I have a communication error with the OBDLink LX.

Great app when it works. Frustrating when it does not work.

Thanks for any help.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.006 seconds.

Follow me on twitter