Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » GPS does not work with Amazon Fire HD 8

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GPS does not work with Amazon Fire HD 8
Kingfish999
Post GPS does not work with Amazon Fire HD 8
on: November 5, 2018 (GMT)

I have a Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016 Gen6) tablet and the Torque app is not detecting the GPS from the tablet. the other apps use the GPS fine it seems. rest of app works great with the tablet. wondering if there is any fix for this or things to try. These Amazon Fire tablets do not come with Google Play so i had to manually install it so i can install Torque. thinking maybe a service is needed that i need to download that the tablet does not come with possibly?

dont really NEED the gps but but it would be good to have. its for an offroad truck and could be very helpfull instead of switching to a maps app

Wayne
Post Re: GPS does not work with Amazon Fire HD 8
on: June 16, 2021 (GMT)

Any one else having this issue

Quote from Kingfish999 on November 5, 2018
I have a Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016 Gen6) tablet and the Torque app is not detecting the GPS from the tablet. the other apps use the GPS fine it seems. rest of app works great with the tablet. wondering if there is any fix for this or things to try. These Amazon Fire tablets do not come with Google Play so i had to manually install it so i can install Torque. thinking maybe a service is needed that i need to download that the tablet does not come with possibly?

dont really NEED the gps but but it would be good to have. its for an offroad truck and could be very helpfull instead of switching to a maps app

North MS

Steve_P
Post Re: GPS does not work with Amazon Fire HD 8
on: June 17, 2021 (GMT)

Sorry to jump on your thread, Why are all my posts blocked?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

Follow me on twitter