Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Problem with BLE connection

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problem with BLE connection
bsculley
Post Problem with BLE connection
on: October 24, 2018 (GMT)

I have Torque installed on a Samsung tablet. I am attempting to connect with a proprietary VCU which emulates ELM327. The Bluetooth module is Adafruit BLE https://www.adafruit.com/product/2633 The Bluetooth module has a blue LED that indicates an active connection.

My problem is very simple, the Torque app won’t connect to the Bluetooth module. The tablet can “see” it, and the Vendor supplied management utility works fine. Torque allows me to select the device in Settings, but then will not connect to it. The message under status->Connection to adapter shows “No – Connecting to ” where the device name is the same as the one selected in Settings.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

bsculley
Post Problem with BLE connection
on: March 26, 2019 (GMT)

I am running Torque Pro on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with Android 7.0. I’m trying to communicate with a Bluetooth LE device, but Torque never connects to the device.

The device name shows up when I select the OBD2 device, and I get a confirmation message that it was selected, but the blue light on the Bluetooth device never comes on. Other Android and Windows apps are able to connect, so I know it’s not the Bluetooth device.

In the Torque adapter status information, under connection to adapter, the status is “No – connecting to: [device name]”

Am I missing something? Does Torque work with BLE?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.008 seconds.

Follow me on twitter