Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » MPH was accurate, but no more

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MPH was accurate, but no more
rgrah01
Post MPH was accurate, but no more
on: October 16, 2018 (GMT)

I have the TorquePro app for my 02 S10/V6 since early 2017. Using the BAFX Products OBDII Diagnostic Interface w/Motorola Droid Turbo 2 phone. All was fine and dandy until about a week ago when TP and my speedo decided not to read the same. Nothing on the truck has been changed in the last few months, no updates for the phone in almost a year. Example, speedo says 60, TP says 71.6. Speedo says 70, TP says 83.5(actual reads). I’ve never had issues before. I’ve done a few hours worth of research online but couldn’t find an answer that fit. No codes. Connects the same as always. I’ve verified my speedo w/speed signs and my GPS, speedo is accurate. Wish the mileage was accurate! According to TP, I’m getting 25-26mpg w/50/50 mix city/highway! Lol, normal is around 18 and that is what I’m getting when doing the math at fill up/

I’ve also always had an issue with the voltage readout, my multi-meter says 14ish while TP says 13ish. Not a big deal, since I know the difference is always exactly 1v. (This has always been the case since I got TP)

Anyone have any ideas? Like I said before, everything was accurate until about a week ago. Nothing has changed on the truck from then to now. Nor has there been any updates that I’m aware of.

Capp777
Post Re: MPH was accurate, but no more
on: October 16, 2018 (GMT)

You might check the advance settings in the
vehicle profile to see if the OBD Speed Multiplier
is correct.

As for voltage, Torque Pro has two pids that
show voltage. Not sure which one you are
using. The voltage from OBD Adapter is provided
by the adapter and can be calibrated using
ELM327 commands to the adapter.

AT CV dddd to calibrate to dd.dd
AT CV 0000 to restore factory calibration

where dddd is measured using an
accurate voltmeter.

rgrah01
Post Re: MPH was accurate, but no more
on: October 17, 2018 (GMT)

Capp777, you were right on for the MPH! I have no idea how that got changed as I’ve never gone into the advanced settings before tonight. It was at 1.14. After playing a bit, figured out 1.0 was spot on!

Next, I’ll try that for the voltage adjustment. Thank you!!!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter