Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » tool setup

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: tool setup
strightclaw
Post tool setup
on: September 15, 2018 (GMT)

I’m 75 years old so I’m not to swift on this new technowledge. Anyhow can someone tell me the steps to take to read engine misfires ? Do I need to download some additional apps or something if so how do I use them

Thanks

Capp777
Post Re: tool setup

This thread is useful if your vehicle is a
2007 Ford. It discusses ways Torque Pro
can be used to detect misfires.

DTCs and mode 6 results are the best
way to start since your vehicle info is
unknown.

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=10826.0

F-150Torqued

@strightclaw I’m not gonna’ cut you any slack just for being 75 years old. Hell, I’m 72 myself – and still get that “green behind the ears” stupid feeling.

Maybe you can even help ME.

As @Capp777 suggested above, mode 6 (On your Torque Pro opening screen, its the “Test Results” icon) is probably the best. Most vehicles ‘SEEM’ to adhere to some sort of standard (documentation out there makes me think much of the MODE 6 stuff is fairly standard). BUT, I do not know if the misfire accumulators/counters are reported at the same location in the Mode 6 misfire response (Bytes G & H in the response) on vehicles ‘other than’ Ford.

If _YOU_, (or anyone) built that dashboard on a non-Ford vehicle and found it to work, I’d like to know and appreciate any feedback. I “SERIOUSLY” doubt the other elements of that dashboard (ie: drive count without a misfire, flag status, or freeze frame data captured at tiime of misfire) would work on anything OTHER than a Ford – primarily 2004-2008. Maybe drive count and trip count would.

ALSO, I would repeat my sentiments expressed in the linked post that the desire to observe ‘LIVE’ misfire counts is actually misguided. There is NOTHING anyone is going to do to change or alter ‘which’ cylinder is misfiring until you get back to the garage and raise the hood. Then, press the “Test Results” icon, – give it time to complete all tests before misfires – and see WHICH cylinder is/has been accumulating misfires and address THAT cylinder.

Good Luck.
F-150Torqued
——————–

strightclaw

Thanks to both of you Have a Blessed Day

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter