Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Can I buy Torque without Google?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can I buy Torque without Google?
omar
Post Can I buy Torque without Google?
on: August 22, 2011 (GMT)

I don’t want to add my credit card to Google
Can I purchase another way and input a code or something to activate the software?

I’ve done this for some other software – wanted to know if this was possible

Android gives you *pathetic* protection from accidental purchases (unlike iPhone which have a simple PIN entry system)

Let me know

Thanks

Omar

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Can I buy Torque without Google?

Hi!

Unfortunately not, the purchase is tied to googles licensing servers, so needs to be paid for through the Android Market.

If you purchase an app, you have 15 minutes to uninstall and refund, so if you do accidentally click the purchase buttons then the permissions button, then the ‘buy’ button at the bottom of the screen, you then have 15 minutes to simply hit the ‘uninstall and refund’ button (you’re not charged until the 15 minute trial window has expired)

The advantages of that are, that at any point in the future (say, you upgrade to a new phone) you can simply download the latest copy of the apps from the android market again without having to re-purchase them (most phones now sync your purchases automatically when you login to the market for the first time)

omar

thanks for the reply. the advantages are great as you mentioned

imagine though having a 6 year old that know how to use your android phone better than you + they are willing to purchase anything and everything using your android phone

with an iphone, at least u have to type in a security pin before u purchase

15 minutes? what’s that about? that’s pathetic. u might as well have 0 minutes! it used to be 24 hours – then some genious changed
(that rant is aimed at google – not u!)

yes: 99.5% of apps u have to purchase through market
but i have at least one application where there is an alternative at least

try camwizard – awesome application – u can take images and create pdf’s – great for receipts and acting as a mobile document scanner
u can buy from their website + get a key that u can the use to activate
(+ they give u support if u want to change phones)

hmmm… dilemma: i don’t want to trust my credit card with my google account for reasons explained above – i suppose i could add then remove

r
on: December 6, 2016 (GMT)

To sign up for google play they want just about every piece of my personal data and history – – enough for a very credible ID theft attempt.

In the words of the prophet “ain’t gonna happen”
not even gender and date of birth.

I suspect that even after the sign up password reminder clues are required, such as my first cat’s favorite color.
No, just no.
I’ll continue with the free version, outdated though it may be, the non-dollar cost of the full version is too high.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Follow me on twitter