Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » l/100km = 0.0 under heavy acceleration

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: l/100km = 0.0 under heavy acceleration
jodran
Post l/100km = 0.0 under heavy acceleration
on: August 20, 2018 (GMT)

Hey guys,
I bought Torque just recently to use as a trip computer in my Ford focus 1.8l TDCI, 2003 mk1.5 Model. Overall the App seems to be working fine but I ran into two issues so far. My first Problem was the fuel level (ECU) reading. It was showing ~37% when the tank was actually full. I fixed that by writing a new equation ([f2]*(160/153)) and overwriting the “fuel level (ECU)” PID. But the second issue is a bigger problem. Whenever I am accelerating hard (full throttle) or going over like 150-160 km/h the “l/100km (instant)” reads 0.0. It seems to be pretty accurate at slow speeds but under heavy acceleration it doesn’t show the correct consumption. I don’t know if this is a problem with my device (an old android 4.4 tablet), or with a sensor, or with the Torque app (conversion error possibly?).

jodran
Post Re: l/100km = 0.0 under heavy acceleration
on: August 21, 2018 (GMT)

I made some progress today, thought I might as well share it.
Turns out my ’03 focus is not 100% OBD2 compatible. Instead it uses some Ford specific PIDs. I found a PID “221412” – “Fuel Mass Desired” which can be used to calculate the real instant l/100km value with the equation: “([221412]/833*2*[0C]*0.06)/[0D]*100”. Now the only Question is: Does the Average consumption calculation use the instant consumption? If so, it would be awesome if it was possible to add an option to overwrite the “l/100km(instant)” calculation, to increase the consumption accuracy.

cintakc
Post Re: l/100km = 0.0 under heavy acceleration
on: August 22, 2018 (GMT)

https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Equations

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter