Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Very slow update rate, disconnecting

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Very slow update rate, disconnecting
Greenspan
Post Very slow update rate, disconnecting
on: July 9, 2018 (GMT)

Hello, I have struggled with the Torque app for a very long time. The update rate of the data in Torque is very slow (once every 5 seconds or more), and often the data displayed freezes. The only way to update is to shutdown the app and have Torque reconnect to the OBD reader. I disabled logging and am not logging any data but it is still very slow.

I have a 98 Jeep Cherokee XJ, and I’m using the BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices (http://a.co/felx6dZ).

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Very slow update rate, disconnecting
on: July 11, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

Has the app reported that there may be an issue with the adapter? Usually pauses mean that the adapter is having issues – you should be able to look in the ‘Adapter Status’ screen and check the ‘Error Count’ after being connected for a while (both values should be zero on a properly functioning adapter)

Some protocols can be slower to poll data (paticularly on pre 2006/7 vehicles which use the slower ISO/PWM protocols before manufacturers started using the faster CANBUS protocol in their vehicles)

soundofring
Post Re: Very slow update rate, disconnecting
on: July 19, 2018 (GMT)

You should first check if it’s the problem with the app. A faulty adapter is more likely to cause such issue.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter