Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » OBD-II Error P0430 - O2 Sensor

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OBD-II Error P0430 - O2 Sensor
ATZ007
Post OBD-II Error P0430 - O2 Sensor
on: July 5, 2018 (GMT)

Hi all,

My IS250 (2006) been showing error P0430 every 3-4 weeks when I drive 60+mph for almost 6-8 months now. After doing lots of Google-ing and speaking to few car mechanics I “think” the problem is with the o2 Sensor Bank 2 sensor 2 (in UK, Right hand driver side after the catalyst converter, correct me if I am wrong). I’ve also used Seafoam recently.

I’m trying to determine if problem does lies within o2 sensor, I’ve been using OBD-2 adaptor and Torque Pro App.

First 3 screenshots taken before the use of Seafoam treatment, whilst the car engine was cold and last 4 after the Seafoam treatment and driving for 30+min.

My question is, does the reading on the screenshots seems normal and is this the correct way to determine if o2 sensors are working?

Before the use of Seafoam and whilst engine was cold.

After the Seafoam treatment and warm engine

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/468×975/screenshot_20180705_081546_a9dd1723cd97209efea7b75910913afafd3b8e03.jpg

Lexus IS250 SE-L (2006)

London, UK

kswlsx
Post Re: OBD-II Error P0430 - O2 Sensor
on: July 16, 2018 (GMT)

P0430 is bank 2 sensor 2. To diagnose, do the easiest first: check for exhaust leaks and address as necessary. If problem remains, swap B2S2 and B1S2, clear the code and see if P0420 or something else appears. If the DTC follows the sensor (e.g. P0430 goes away, but P0420 appears after you switch the sensors), that’s your issue.

If the O2S1Eq and O2S2Eq is the equivalence ratio (lambda), the target value is 1.00. A value of 1.00 is equates to a stoichiometric mixture of air and fuel. In other words, exactly enough air is provided to burn all the fuel present in the combustion chamber. However, you will hardly ever see lambda value of 1.00 when at higher RPM. In these conditions, fuel is supplied at such a rate that it cannot all be burned, instead the unburned fuel is compressed and evaporates which cools the combustion chamber. It may sound odd, but this is by design and provides for more efficiency.

If you capture a log of the following PIDs/sensors you will have a better chance of narrowing your search. You can also upload the log(s) to the Torque webviewer.
It is possible that not all will be available:
– RPM
– engine/coolant temp
– all O2 PIDs
– volumetric efficiency
– short term fuel trim bank 1
– short term fuel trim bank 2
– long term fuel trim bank 1
– long term fuel trim bank 1
– air-fuel ratio commanded
– air-fuel ratio measured
– air-fuel/equivalence ratio (lambda)