Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » How to monitor the oil pressure on my 2006 Corolla?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to monitor the oil pressure on my 2006 Corolla?
Geza
Post How to monitor the oil pressure on my 2006 Corolla?
on: June 11, 2018 (GMT)

Hi again, the main reason for starting to fiddle with Torgue to find out what is the oil pressure of my 2006 Corolla when the engine is cold and when it’s already warmed up. Unfortunately I don’t see any optional sensor called “oil pressure gauge” in Torque.

Is that because my 2006 Corolla does not monitor the oil pressure real time, it only has some kind of “low pressure” switch in the system and when it kicks in, it turns the warning light on the dashboard on, OR maybe I need to send some extra money to be able to monitor the oil pressure on my Corolla using Torque?

2006 E12 Toyota Corolla 1.6L petrol engine
Budapest, Hungary

cintakc
Post Re: How to monitor the oil pressure on my 2006 Corolla?

not all auto brands and different models can control the oil pressure, I think your Toyota can not do this

Geza

Well, I don’t have any desire to control the oil pressure, all I want to is to see it.

It is kind of sad, that while you can check the engine RPM with OBD2, coolant temperature, you cannot check the oil pressure.

Even on World War I vehicles you could see the oil pressure on the dash.

2006 E12 Toyota Corolla 1.6L petrol engine
Budapest, Hungary

Rocket99
on: June 14, 2018 (GMT)

Ikr! Oil pressure is arguably the most important gauge there is! WTF!?!? Ehy wouldn’t it be an option? And yes, Torque CAN monitor oil pressure but…you have to install a mechanical sensor that can then be connected to a gauge, which in turn can then be sent to the computer. But it’s a big hassle. Easier to just intall the sensor and a little gauge you can install into your dash, or, if you wanna go this far, your cluster.

2003 Jag

moreause
on: June 14, 2018 (GMT)

oil pressure is not that important and most people don’t know what to do about it

what is important is the lack of pressure (yes playing with words) and this is monitored by a pressure switch with a fool proof big red light …and even so i suspect poeple will not stop anyway lol

never did when it happened to me

1 engine died (at 4 am after a night at the bar..will try it …was looking good lol)

and 2 were faulty sensor … yeah

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.

Follow me on twitter