Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ABS Traction Control Brake warning related to abrupt fuel level change

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ABS Traction Control Brake warning related to abrupt fuel level change
wt29
Post ABS Traction Control Brake warning related to abrupt fuel level change
on: June 5, 2018 (GMT)

Hi All,

I have a 100% reproducible event that occurs when I use Torque and an “el-cheapo” ELM327 on my 2010 Holden Commodore 3.0L V6 (GM). Torque is running on a 2015 Samsung S5 over Bluetooth.

If I leave Torque running and refuel the car, approximately 1Km after leaving the petrol station, my car shows “ABS Fault”, “Traction Control Error:” and “Brake fault”. The cruise then disconnects as well. I can recover, very easily, by stopping, turning the engine off for 4-5 minutes and either pulling the ELM or shutting Torque. Once I’m back on the road, reinstating monitoring is fine.

I also get this problem when the fuel level is very low. The level measurement is VERY accurate but if I get below 5%, the sloshing in the tank causes fuel level excursions and I get the errors. I can also generate this if I park the car on a steep slope with low fuel levels.

It happened when I first bought the car (as a second hander) and I gave, unfortunately, my dealer (I’ve bought 3 cars from him) a bit of a run around as he tried to reproduce the error. Naturally, his tech removed my ELM so they never saw it. I actually replaced the rear ABS harness and sensors myself (bitch of a job) before I twigged to the set of symptoms.

Anyway, is this due to a crappy ELM, a firmware anomaly in the car or something that Torque is doing.

I’m actually really pleased with the software and use it continually so this is NOT a bitch – just asking if there is something I can do? Should I invest in a class ELM?

Thanks in advance

Tony

twscarp 51
Post Re: ABS Traction Control Brake warning related to abrupt fuel level change
on: June 5, 2018 (GMT)

Hi, what do you perceive as a class ELM, and how will you determine it? After looking at thousands of ELM scanners on eBay and other sites they are all pirated Chinese v1.5 clones. Only one is manufactured with the genuine ELM Electronics Canada IC, now at v2.2, this is the scanner: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-Bluetooth-Original-ELM327-2-2-Genuine-ELM-Electronics-chip-/302475561957?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

The only problem is this part has gone way up in price recently, I bought one about a year ago for 75 dollars.

moreause
Post Re: ABS Traction Control Brake warning related to abrupt fuel level change
on: June 9, 2018 (GMT)

shit a that price i will stay with my obdlink mx and lx
at least they are more compact

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter