Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque for PC - what am I missing?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque for PC - what am I missing?
willeert
Post Torque for PC - what am I missing?
on: May 29, 2018 (GMT)

I do not have an android device but I want to use Torque Pro. So I loaded in an Android emulator – Bluestacks and put in Torque Pro. It runs. Bluestacks however does not support Bluetooth so the recommended ODB2 Bluetooth adapter (OBDLink LX) does not work. I can link the adapter to my PC but not to Bluestacks so I cannot get the data from the car into Torque Pro.

So what is the solution? Torque Pro is advertised as being for a PC but if you cannot get the data into it it is useless. What to do?

Thanks

Will

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Torque for PC - what am I missing?

Hi!

Torque is only on the Google Play app store (and blackberry app store) and it’s only ever been for android – you can’t use it on a PC as it’s a different kind of system to Android

It might work if you use a wifi adapter and bluestacks, though I have not tried that (you need to use an android device with the app)

willeert

Thanks for your reply. It is very deceiving when you go on the web and find instructions for downloading Torque for PC. These instructions also include the type of OBD adapter to purchase. Then after you spend the cash and time to configure everything one learns that it cannot work. I think Torque needs to make it clear there is not a Torque for PC that works.

Will

Capp777

Quote from SushiLover on December 27, 2012

I can confirm Torque will run in BlueStacks and work with a wi-fi adapter. You have to change your PC wi-fi adapter settings to use an IP address outside of the OBD II adapters IP (in my case I had to change it to 192.168.0.11). Once that is done, plug the OBD II adapter in and look for the wi-fi network it’s broadcasting. Connect your PC to that network, then launch Torque. In Torque, change the OBD II adapter type to wi-fi, make sure the IP address matches that of the adapter (in my case 192.168.0.10, port 35000). It connected almost immediately, but did take a bit to load the profile. At any rate, it works!

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=1176.0

End Quote.

Interesting reading.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

There’s no download for the PC – it’s only available on Google Play and the Blackberry app stores, and you can only download from there using an android device, so the version you have likely won’t be a legal copy

Capp777

Are you saying that google play will not run
on Bluestacks emulator? I have not actually
used this product and thought it created an
android shell for running legit apps?

I definitely don’t believe in downloading
illegal copies of any app. Thats why I am
still waiting for Torque Pro app that no longer
works on my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4g
due to a google play error:-11 error which
appeared after 1.8.194.

Meanwhile, I successfully downloaded Torque Lite
without issue while waiting for a fix.

Update:

Beta version 1.8.202 has magically fixed my
google play error:-11 with 1.8.199.

Thanks Ian!!!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Bluestacks will let you use the play store and you can get the proper version of Torque from there no problem

However there’s no ‘PC download’ of the app – anything basically saying this or offering a download from a website that isn’t google play, is basically not going to be the real version of the app

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.

Follow me on twitter