Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Collecting misc. data from 2012 Nissan Sentra

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Collecting misc. data from 2012 Nissan Sentra
dsnsd
Post Collecting misc. data from 2012 Nissan Sentra
on: May 27, 2018 (GMT)

I am using a 2012 Nissan Sentra for a data science project related to fuel consumption efficiency. I have a list of about 20 factors I am trying to correlate to fuel efficiency.

Many are easy (Speed, RPM, Fuel level, temperatures, altitude, etc…), some I can derive from the data I capture (frequency and rates of acceleration and idling, length of each discreet “trips”, pitch [angle of ascent or descent], and yaw [turn direction and rates of turns]).

A few I have given up on capturing (like whether any window is down – I doubt there is a sensor and I don’t want to manually capture it, or the condition of the tires – they are new and will not wear much in the short time if the data capture).

Some I plan to try to capture manually (I don’t know if Torque makes this easy, so I plan to just have a spreadsheet where I capture these):

– Fuel type on refill
– Oil Change and type
– Number of passengers

So, to the question – These are the remaining things I want to capture, but have not found a clean way to do them:

– Frequency and rates of braking – I can’t find any brake sensors and speed/accelerator/descent methods are not ideal?
– Tire Pressure – is it possible to capture info from the TPMS?
– AC system usage – when is it on or off?

Any help on if there are PIDS I can’t see (or have overlooked) that would help?

cintakc
Post Re: Collecting misc. data from 2012 Nissan Sentra
on: May 28, 2018 (GMT)

hello, please tell me your email, I will try to help you

dsnsd
on: May 29, 2018 (GMT)

dschwant_at_gmail.com – thanks!

cintakc
on: May 29, 2018 (GMT)

ok