Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque keeping adapter, truck awake

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque keeping adapter, truck awake
gulfyankee
Post Torque keeping adapter, truck awake
on: April 30, 2018 (GMT)

So, I’ve searched the forums and didn’t find anything on this.

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. I use torque to monitor EGT’s and Boost. I have an OBDLink LX adapter to a cheap smartphone. I’ve set a vehicle profile, including the bus protocol. The problem i seem to have, randomly, is that when i shut the truck off, hours later my dash is cycling on and off, and when i look at the torque app, it is scanning all of the protocols trying to connect to the truck. I have tried another phone with the same results. And I’ve had to jumpstart my truck twice now due to this problem. What do i do?

American 67
Post Re: Torque keeping adapter, truck awake
on: May 2, 2018 (GMT)

Very easy turn the app off.

gulfyankee
on: May 4, 2018 (GMT)

Thanks for that useless bit of info!

piemmm
Administrator
on: May 4, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

Tried to reply to this earlier, but didn’t quite make the ‘post’ button

If you’ve turned the truck off (Key out Ignition Off) then it shouldn’t be responding to anything over OBD2 (it should literally ignore *everything*) as it would be a potential security risk for the vehicle ECU to respond without the ignition being on/ or the key ‘present’ (if it’s keyless-go) – this may be part of the OBD spec as well that the vehicle shouldn’t be responding in this manner if the OBD2 adapter is active

If your ignition is off, and the key isn’t present, but the vehicle ‘wakes up’ if the OBD2 adapter is active (ie: trying to talk to the ECU which should be ‘asleep’), then it’s worth querying this with the manufacturer, as this is most likely should not be happening

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.069 seconds.

Follow me on twitter