Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » possibility to set Torque to sleep/wake up from ext app

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: possibility to set Torque to sleep/wake up from ext app
Vasilich
Post possibility to set Torque to sleep/wake up from ext app
on: April 17, 2018 (GMT)

Hello Ian,
can you consider to implement reaction on 2 intents – to set Torque to standby, and to wake it up from sleep?
I have used the sleep mode of Torque when external power disappears, in the past, when i had android tablet.
But now i have switched to android Headunit. HUs are always connected to the battery, so Torque never sleeps. Moreover, many ROMs in android HUs killing apps that use too much CPU ticks while HU goes to sleep mode (ACC OFF). SO I could react on ACC_OFF event and send sleep intent to Torque, and when detecting ACC_ON – then send intent for Torque to wake up and try to connect to OBD.

I hope to continue to use Torque as before (= always), because now i need to start Torque every time after HU wakes up from sleep.
Thanks in advance.

Vasilich
Post Re: possibility to set Torque to sleep/wake up from ext app
on: April 24, 2018 (GMT)

Any comment?

cintakc
Post Re: possibility to set Torque to sleep/wake up from ext app
on: April 24, 2018 (GMT)

here I read on one of the sites, maybe it will help you
quote: There is a good program called Tasker. It allows you to automate almost everything that is possible in devices with android on board. For example, I always have a 7 inch tablet in my car and it has the TORQUE and Tasker installed on it. When the ignition is turned on, charging of the tablet starts … Tasker seeing that the charging appeared includes the tablet screen, includes bluetooth, turns on GPS and starts the Torque. When the trip is complete and the ignition is turned off, then after a short delay the reverse actions occur: off. screen, after another 10 minutes the Torque process is being killed, GPS and Bluetooth are turned off, and a folder with TORQUE is archived on the memory card (so to speak, it becomes a backup).

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter