Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Connection on re-start

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Connection on re-start
Eksteen
Post Connection on re-start
on: April 8, 2018 (GMT)

Fantastic program. Excellent features for overlanding in Africa like fuel used and fuel left, fault codes etc. This can actually save lives.

It connects and work beautifully with a Landcruiser 79.

When you use the trip meter set to carry on if engine is switched off for less than half an hour. It does not reconnect to the ecm when you restart or takes a very long time like in 20 minutes or more. If you shut down Torque and restart it works perfectly but then you loose the trip data up to that point.
I need to log actual fuel usage for the day.

I have the fully paid version on a Sony phone.

Has this reconnect problem been restored ?

mates11
Post Re: Connection on re-start
on: April 10, 2018 (GMT)

I know you are looking for a programmatic solution.
However – perhaps a wiring change on the vehicle side may come to help. Pin 16 of the OBD-II connector (Battery Power) may be always on. Is this true in the case of your vehicle?
My cars have the power there all the time regarding-less of the ignition) and Torque seems to be happy. Only (minor) concern may be extra battery drain when vehicle is parked. (Dongle dependent). But I would not expect any problem if you are not parked for days.
Cheers – Martin

Electrical engineer, programmer and car hobbyist. California, USA

Eksteen
Post Re: Connection on re-start
on: February 20, 2020 (GMT)

The solution to reconnecting. It is the Bluetooth on the phone that is sleeping. Just co into phone settings, switch off the bluetooth and back on. Immediate reconnect.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter