Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » P0711 reset by OBDwiz; not by Torque

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: P0711 reset by OBDwiz; not by Torque
senior_v
Post P0711 reset by OBDwiz; not by Torque
on: March 12, 2018 (GMT)

I have been getting a P0711 code for some time on my 2007 Hyundai Tiburon. I consider it a nuisance fault, because it always reset (and stayed reset for hundreds of miles) when using OBDwiz. Just purchased Torque Pro, and it will not reset using the same adapter.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

cintakc
Post Re: P0711 reset by OBDwiz; not by Torque
on: March 14, 2018 (GMT)

different brands of cars have different commands for reading and erasing errors, it is possible for your car in the program Torque there is not the right command to erase errors,
you can create a device button in Torque to issue the desired commands remove errors

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The erase codes command is standard for OBD2 and is the same between all manufacturers (it’s legislated by most countries)

Check that the adapter is behaving properly and that you followed the instructions on screen with regards to turning off/on the ignition (and, obviously, that the fault is fixed or in some cases it can immediately re-appear if it’s not been fixed!)

senior_v

Thanks for everyone’s help!

In regard to the last comment, I was able to reset it with OBDwiz immediately after Torque failed to do so (same adapter).

Thanks again.

P.S.- There were some other faults present which Torque WAS able to reset, but not P0711.

senior_v

Quote from cintakc on March 14, 2018
different brands of cars have different commands for reading and erasing errors, it is possible for your car in the program Torque there is not the right command to erase errors,
you can create a device button in Torque to issue the desired commands remove errors

Cintakc, I appreciate your attempt to help, but what you suggest is at present far beyond my capability. How could I educate myself?

cintakc

on which protocol the OBDWiz program and Torque is connected to your car?

senior_v

Quote from cintakc on March 14, 2018
on which protocol the OBDWiz program and Torque is connected to your car?

If I am understanding your question correctly, OBDwiz says:

ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 Kbaud)

I suppose Torque is the same, but if you think it might be different, I can check.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter