Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » KML/CSV Export vs. Automatic Logging

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KML/CSV Export vs. Automatic Logging
chest2tank
Post KML/CSV Export vs. Automatic Logging
on: March 10, 2018 (GMT)

Gents (and Ladies?), I’ve been using Torque in my Porsche 987.1 for the last 3 years. Now that I’m renting my car out on Turo, I’m really interested to see what my guests are doing with my baby. I’ve noticed a couple of challenges to this while using Torque.

• Auto upload to the Web Viewer at view.torque-bhp.com doesn’t relay all data that can be seen in Map View within the app
  • CSV export and subsequent import into G Maps only allows for points, meaning that trip data can only been seen as points, not a continuous line with selectable data points along it.
  • KML Points files can easily be over the 5MB limit for Google
  • KML Lines is only that – lines. It doesn’t seem to relay any data other than coordinates.

1.) Is there a way to get data over to G Maps to make it look identical to what is shown in the app?

2.) Better yet, can Torque’s Web Viewer be updated to show selected data on the map as it does within the app? BTW, I love the graph function. It would be a lot better if categories could be selected individually for analysis. Such as this:

3.) Why doesn’t the data from exporting match the data from auto upload?

4.) Data export only seems to support KPH and not MPH, which I specifically selected the app to record. Perhaps the header is just wrong?

Screenshots from the same trip as above – 1 from within the Toque’s Web Viewer, and 2 in Google Maps, one of which is CSV and the other is KML Lines. Note the difference between all three:

chest2tank
Post Re: KML/CSV Export vs. Automatic Logging
on: March 10, 2018 (GMT)

Not sure why this isn’t showing up or why I’m having a hell of a time getting something to post here……

Gents (and Ladies?), I’ve been using Torque in my Porsche 987.1 for the last 3 years. Now that I’m renting my car out on Turo, I’m really interested to see what my guests are doing with my baby. I’ve noticed a couple of challenges to this while using Torque.

• Auto upload to the Web Viewer at view.torque-bhp.com doesn’t relay all data that can be seen in Map View within the app
  • CSV export and subsequent import into G Maps only allows for points, meaning that trip data can only been seen as points, not a continuous line with selectable data points along it.
  • KML Points files can easily be over the 5MB limit for Google
  • KML Lines is only that – lines. It doesn’t seem to relay any data other than coordinates.

1.) Is there a way to get data over to G Maps to make it look identical to what is shown in the app?

2.) Better yet, can Torque’s Web Viewer be updated to show selected data on the map as it does within the app? BTW, I love the graph function. It would be a lot better if categories could be selected individually for analysis. Such as this:

3.) Why doesn’t the data from exporting match the data from auto upload?

4.) Data export only seems to support KPH and not MPH, which I specifically selected the app to record. Perhaps the header is just wrong?

Screenshots from the same trip as above – 1 from within the Toque’s Web Viewer, and 2 in Google Maps, one of which is CSV and the other is KML Lines. Note the difference between all three:

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter