Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Web Viewer - source?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Web Viewer - source?
estimator
Post Web Viewer - source?
on: July 28, 2014 (GMT)

Hi –

Thanks to the author of Torque for a brilliant tool.

The one thing in the back of my mind is that many of us are quite dependent of the Web Viewer always being available and always containing our data, which in turn means that the author and maintainer(s) would be alive perpetually and have infinite amounts of cash.

Whilst the intent is not to sound too morbid – it would be really great if the author could release the source of Web Viewer as to host our own versions.

I’m aware of other efforts doing the same – however Web Viewer is the most mature from what I can see.

Thanks again!
E

DarthZL1
Post Re: Web Viewer - source?
on: August 1, 2014 (GMT)

I would LOVE to be able to set up my own Torque server. It isn’t rocket science, by any means, but I would rather not re-invent the wheel.

GIVE US YOUR SOURCE! 😉

zissou
on: August 2, 2014 (GMT)

If having your own web viewer is of interest to you, I’d recommend looking at the open-source web viewer I created on Github. If you haven’t looked at it in a while, check it out:

https://github.com/econpy/torque

I have only used the official web viewer a little, but I think mine is more mature in some areas, whereas Ian’s is more mature in others. Keep in mind I am always working on improving the code and have no aspirations to stop adding features. Whether you get on board now or later, it will be more powerful than the official web viewer in no time. :)

surge
on: May 23, 2015 (GMT)

Is this still being worked on?
I’m having some issues and I’d really like to see this work but I can’t find any more info about it.
thanks

—————————————-

Quote from zissou on August 2, 2014
If having your own web viewer is of interest to you, I’d recommend looking at the open-source web viewer I created on Github. If you haven’t looked at it in a while, check it out:

https://github.com/econpy/torque

I have only used the official web viewer a little, but I think mine is more mature in some areas, whereas Ian’s is more mature in others. Keep in mind I am always working on improving the code and have no aspirations to stop adding features. Whether you get on board now or later, it will be more powerful than the official web viewer in no time. :)

LeoRX
on: October 30, 2015 (GMT)

I believe it is. last updated 4 months ago.

bibubip84
on: June 21, 2024 (GMT)

A complete replacement of Web Viewer:
https://github.com/rootmax84/RedBox-Telemetry

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter