Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing
Yellow_dog
Post Re: Help required - GM/Duramax Injector Balance Rate testing
on: March 14, 2015 (GMT)

Bump for LBZ.

max366
on: April 20, 2015 (GMT)

Bump for LBZ balance rate!

showtimextx
on: June 16, 2015 (GMT)

Bump for LBZ should have read this forum before buying app.

2006 Chevy Express 2500HD
2008 Chevy Cobalt

Barfnick
on: July 28, 2015 (GMT)

Another Bump for LBZ.

dandiesel
on: September 20, 2015 (GMT)

BUMP!

Dogface1SG
on: October 28, 2016 (GMT)

Now I am bummed. Just bought both the BAFX and Torque pro for balance rate and am finding out per this thread, it was never solved.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Have the GM list here, will look into it tonight again. Now is also the time to ask for any other specific GM pids as well (as they may well have been worked out in this list) and I can add them too

piemmm
Administrator

Update: Confirmed I have the balance rates. I’ll get them into the next beta update (hopefully tonight) – also ask me for any other specific GM ones

Update2: Looks like they’re already added in the app. If they’re not working then it possibly means they’re not supported on that specific vehicle, though I’m still going to have another look at it tonight

Dogface1SG
on: October 30, 2016 (GMT)

I have a 2006 Duramax LBZ, they do not work on it. 2006 is when chevy initially went to CAN. It took a while before anyone even came out with a programmer when these vehicles were new.

I belong to dieselplace.com and there are plenty of posts about it working on the 2001-2005 but nothing on the 2006-2007.5

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 31, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Yep – Seeing the same thing here – there’s pitifully little information about the LBZ (and onwards) engines/ecus, and everything after it. Still keeping an eye out.

Dogface1SG
on: October 31, 2016 (GMT)

I have a scangaugeII and called them. They have an update specifically for the LBZ. I have sent it in to get updated. It is supposed to be able to do balance rate. We’ll see.

Dogface1SG
on: November 3, 2016 (GMT)

My Scangauge should be back today or tomorrow. Nothing to report yet.

I was doing some research on dieselplace.com and found the following link

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-power-performance-tuning/146-third-generation-duramax-electronics-tuners/100960-what-obdii-protocol-language-lbz.html

on down it states, “GMLAN
Similar to J1939 CAN2 (500kbps) but it has some messages that are unique to GM only.”

don’t know if that would help or not.

socalmike
on: November 3, 2016 (GMT)

Still not working… Only new pids working is trans input and out put. I have a 2007 lbz classic

Dogface1SG
on: November 5, 2016 (GMT)

I got fuel mileage, boost, Fuel rail pressure and several others but no balance or fuel rate.

While searching, I found this post

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67025

on down Kidturbo posted this link https://www.canb.us/ and the discussion went on from there. Anyone know if we could “sniff out” these settings using one of these. I am decent with computers but a lot of the following posts after his where all Greek to me.

Dogface1SG
on: November 15, 2016 (GMT)

doing some more research on a competitors site, could this have something to do with not being able to read the balance rates

“You need to set your balance rates to metric, the numbers you are seeking are metric numbers.

Specificed Range:

-6 mm³ and +6 mm³ – Drive Range

-4 mm³ and +4 mm³ – Neutral Range”

I have all my settings set for inches/pounds etc.

r
on: December 5, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from Dogface1SG on November 5, 2016
I got fuel mileage, boost, Fuel rail pressure and several others but no balance or fuel rate.

While searching, I found this post

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67025

on down Kidturbo posted this link https://www.canb.us/ and the discussion went on from there. Anyone know if we could “sniff out” these settings using one of these. I am decent with computers but a lot of the following posts after his where all Greek to me.
====================================================
Kinda ODD ?
That thread says J-1939 was used in Duramaxes 01-05 (aka LB7s), which THIS thread indicates do work with Torque Plus to measure balance rates.

When I set J-1939 in the app itself it has the “unsupported” tag on it.

I have an ’03 LB7 and although I can connect to the adapter the adapter cannot connect to the vehicle’s ECU (via J-1939).

BTW I also tried the other two 250K baud protocols that are offered, I got the same symptoms.

Dogface1SG
on: December 7, 2016 (GMT)

I was actually in a conversation with kidturbo about that. Unfortunately, there haven’t been any CanB available since I started looking into it.

I would like to try it. I have a Scangauge II that is able to read the balance rates so it has to be requesting the info and has the formula. It was updated with an LBZ update a month ago (free!!!!) but they haven’t given me the Xgauge info so I can dissect it.

r
on: December 7, 2016 (GMT)

I also have a Scangauge II but I was unaware that it could read balance rates – do please tell HOW ?
Well, since this isn’t a forum for that, could you just direct me to where the “how” is documented ?

Dogface1SG
on: December 8, 2016 (GMT)

I went to their webpage (https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-commands/gm/, saw that they had the XGauge stuff for the LB7 LLY but not for the LBZ. I sent them an email asking about them. They said there is a free update for the Scanguage and LBZ. They gave me the address etc. I sent it to them via US Mail and about a week and a half later, I got it back with the LBZ update and they updated the version for free as well.

On a side note to the Scangauge, I found a page on how to get PID and formulas from its settings but haven’t had much time to test it. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/134700-guide-converting-scangauge-codes-torque-pro/

Dogface1SG
on: December 8, 2016 (GMT)

BTW, with the update for the LBZ they don’t give all the TXD/RXF/RXD MTH etc. I am trying to get that to plug it into Torque.

I love having both as Torque does things I have never done with the SGII. I have had the SGII since about 2008 or so. I don’t think Torque was around then. If I were starting fresh today, I would go with Torque (very cost efficient).

Great app. Only issue I have now is I bought an OBDII Y cable and cannot get both to work at the same time.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.

Follow me on twitter