Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Use torque directly with CAN BUS adapter, not with OBD2 adapter.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Use torque directly with CAN BUS adapter, not with OBD2 adapter.
danielcc
Post Use torque directly with CAN BUS adapter, not with OBD2 adapter.
on: July 10, 2024 (GMT)

Hello,

I’ve been using the Torque pro app for 13 or 14 years. I haven’t been on the forum for a long time, which is why I’m not sure in which section I should post this question, maybe the forum manager can help. We now have a new but regarding the design old expedition vehicle. It provides virtually as good as no data at the OBD2 interface. I would therefore like to read out the CAN buses directly using a sniffer/adapter.
Now comes the question: Can I connect a Canbus adapter to the Torque app directly? There are Canbus sniffers with USB plugs, there are Canbus radio sniffers… Maybe someone here can recommend a device. That would be great. What else do I have to consider in contrast to operation with an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter? I would be very happy if I could find help here after so many years thanks, Daniel.

moreause
Post Re: Use torque directly with CAN BUS adapter, not with OBD2 adapter.
on: July 14, 2024 (GMT)

if it’s an old vehicule the obd port is connected directly to the bus

so you can use most obdii to bluetooth adapter to sniff the bus

you can configure the obdii to be just a transfer device

the hard part is finding the right software to analyse the data

i have to find that video again … i saw one where the guy had a new software and in a couple of minute was able to decipher most of the bus

torque as now an option to use the bus data , instead pf standard obdii request ..but just saw some discussion here and there

found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gx_gLhNjvs

danielcc
on: July 15, 2024 (GMT)

Hi moreause,

thanks for your reply. I watched the three parts of the YouTube video. It’s a bit complex, of course. As I said, this is an old car in terms of mechanical design, but with modern vehicle electronics. Unfortunately, the OBD2 interface only provides very little data. I don’t want to reconfigure it. Another thing is, I’m not sure if I’ve understood you correctly. So that means that the Torque software on an Android tablet can’t handle the CAN BUS traffic on a Can BUS line. The OBD2 must be read out. Is this correct, if not, maybe you can explain it to me again, that would be great.

moreause
on: July 16, 2024 (GMT)

torque has now an option to handle can bus data

just never tried it , you have to create a file to tell torque what data = what sensor and value

danielcc
on: July 16, 2024 (GMT)

Thank you,

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Or can tell me how it works with this file that moreause is talking about?

danielcc
on: July 23, 2024 (GMT)

another thing. does Torque support the Panda Protocol for data transmission over WiFi?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.

Follow me on twitter