Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Pro - doesn't work

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Pro - doesn't work
SiberiaWolf
Post Torque Pro - doesn't work
on: December 16, 2018 (GMT)

I have purchased the app but unfortunately it doesn’t want to work properly.
Maybe I am doing something wrong, and this is the reason I am posting this post.

Unfortunately, it’s been a week, and the developer doesn’t bother to answer me over the email.

I have OBD2 device “EXZA® HHOBD OBD2” (link below)
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00NSNNNOQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
As far as I know, this device should work with the app.

I have managed to connect the device via blue-tooth to my phone.
But the app recognizes only partially the device.
Please see attached screenshots of the app and the errors. You can see the error on the bottom of the screenshot.

A few facts worth mentioning:
1. I’ve connected the ODB device to inside the app:
Settings –> ODB2 Adapter Settings –> Choose Bluetooth Device (see additional screenshot)
2. I have an icon in notification bar colored green (connected) opposed to red when it isn’t.
3. Inside of the app – I have 4 icons, the car of the icon is constantly blinking (maybe it’s irrelevant to the problem). The other icons are not blinking – from my understanding it’s good.
4. I have OnePlus 6 with latest, official android (not rooted) with Android 9 (Pie)
5. Tried to connect it in 3 different cars – the same result.

Since the OBD2 connected to the phone, and the app partially recognizes it, I believe that the ODB device is working properly. Therefore, probably something wrong with the app.

Please let me know how is it possible to solve the issue and actually connect the app the the device!

Cant seem to find a way to attach a screenshot… :(

Thank you,
PS

cintakc
Post Re: Torque Pro - doesn

A screenshot should be placed on any file sharing service, and here you can put a link here.

Capp777

I would be curious if it works on an older
phone… there may be a driver issue with the
newer phone?

SiberiaWolf
on: December 17, 2018 (GMT)

Here is the link for screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Fvjd7Le_tTxMLVuaMkaNuLFqkmshggqq?usp=sharing

SiberiaWolf
on: December 18, 2018 (GMT)

Where did my post disappear?

SiberiaWolf

How to I see my post in the main list? it seems that my post disappeared .

:(

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The spam filter occasionally gets triggered and temporarily blocks accounts – I’ve fixed that for you now so you should be ok (I get about 40 spam topics/day at the moment that get flagged and I have to go clean up which is taking up a fair amount of time)

With regards to the problem you’re’ having, this could well e a faulty adapter – even if you connect to the BT side of it ok, the OBD side of it may be non-functional

If the vehicles you have tried with definitely support OBD2 then this should definitely be working for you (which means it’s usually the OBD adapter at fault as that’s the device which establishes comms to the vehicle ECU)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Follow me on twitter