Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Diesel MPG Inaccurate

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Diesel MPG Inaccurate
howgudami
Post Diesel MPG Inaccurate
on: October 12, 2015 (GMT)

Hi,

Firstly, I want to say the app is awesome – I love it. I have had it for a couple of years now, but have been without a car for just over 12 months.

A few weeks ago I re-stepped in to the world of motoring buying a 2003 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi 80 and was quick to reinstall Torque Pro on my phone.

It has worked great for pretty much everything I have tried (temps, speed etc) except MPG readings.

If I use the ‘enhanced MPG’ read out, it tends to hover in the 40’s (imperial MPG) on the motorway at 60mph.

If I turn off ‘enhanced MPG’, it shows around 60-65 mpg in the same conditions.

Using the ‘fuel economy’ plug in (I presume its made by a third party) on the play store, it shows around 50mpg.

My last tank of fuel (brim to brim) was 450+ miles, and I got 69mpg – which included town driving and faster (70mph) motorway driving – so I expect at a steady 60mph on the motorway – I should be seeing MPG in the high 70s/80s.

Anything that can be done about it? My vehicle profile is all set up accurately (except the volumetric efficiency which is default because I couldn’t find any info online).

howgudami
Post Re: Diesel MPG Inaccurate
on: October 15, 2015 (GMT)

Bumping purely to get above the influx of spam.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.

Follow me on twitter