Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Using Torque as an Actual data logger

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Using Torque as an Actual data logger
willthehill
Post Using Torque as an Actual data logger
on: September 1, 2015 (GMT)

Has anyone successfully been able to use Torque as an exportable data logger? I’m hoping to be able to record things like RPM, Boost pressure, and Gear selection so I can use a program like RaceRender3 to apply them to some amateur racing I do. Unfortunately, true data loggers seem to cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, and I don’t see why I’d need to when I feel like an app such as Torque could do it very easily, I’d even be willing to pay an extra couple bucks to get such features!

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Using Torque as an Actual data logger
on: September 2, 2015 (GMT)

YES.

From the main screen, press the menu button on your phone and select “Settings”, “Data Logging & UpLoad”, “Select what to log”.

You can add any parameter in your PID list, including custom PIDs you have added.

Then when you press the menu button on your phone from any Dashboard screen, you can select “Start Logging” or “Stop Logging” —- or “email logs” or “clear logs”. Several people (including myself) have had problems “emailing” logs. I just copy the Log File to my computer via the USB cable and import the “CSV” type file from the phone [ dir= “TorqueLogs/filenamedate”] into Microsoft Excel. From there you can manipulate the data or Graph it very easily.

I’ve used this technique to sort out / “Hack” a number of additional custom PIDs by logging “raw” data from them next to a known parameter. Then working out a formula.

Hope this helps.

moreause
Post Re: Using Torque as an Actual data logger
on: September 4, 2015 (GMT)

or just use the add on that already does it

but the time frame of this add on is 1 sec

if you want faster sampling you need to use the previous option

i use both anyway lol

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter