Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » VAG read fault codes not working?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VAG read fault codes not working?
landwomble
Post VAG read fault codes not working?
on: April 24, 2011 (GMT)

Hi All/Ian,
I’ve recently got hold of VAG-COM/VCDS and a USB cable, and used this to read OEM fault codes from my 2004 1.8T Audi TT.
I’ve compared this to Torque, and Torque appears to try and read fault codes, doesn’t throw an error itself, but then shows “no fault codes found”.

Is this something that you reckon you could get working? Happy to send you any logs that would be helpful!

Cheers
Ric

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: VAG read fault codes not working?
on: April 25, 2011 (GMT)

This is most likely your ECU not reporting any OBD2 faults, you can send a comms debug log, quickly after requesting the faults, though that code has been thoroughly tested and I know it’s working

The VAGCOM system is probably reading a different fault log in the vehicle (that is not an OBD2 log)

landwomble
on: April 25, 2011 (GMT)

Will do, thanks. It’d be awesome if someone could write a VAG plug in to read these and do all the VAG-COM Recoding etc…it’d sell like hotcakes to the VW crowd…currently we’re all using laptops or £200 LiquidTT gauges!

dan_b
on: April 26, 2011 (GMT)

I’m in the same boat – my Audi A2 tripped limp home last week but Torque didn’t pull any error codes, but hooked up to VAGCOM it clearly showed an N75 valve error code. I tried the multiple refresh idea in case it was my (admittedly cheap) ODBII adapter to no avail. The rrror code reading was the main reason for getting Torque for me, so hopefully this can be addressed.

piemmm
Administrator

I’d need access to the vagcom protocol (it’s not obd2), or the relevant OBD2 extended codes (if they exist) to be able to pull the fault codes.:(

I’m not opposed to adding vagcom support, I just need access to the documentation on how it all works. Unfortunately such information is scarce on the internet!

landwomble

Vag-com is a proprietary tool, reverse engineered from the VW protocols. Its sold by.Ross Tech who have.active.forums but guess they’re unlikely to give away.the.keys.to the kingdom!
Ill see what.I can find out, though…!

GunnerGibson

The complete listing for vagcom fault codes is readily available, just a pity the protocol isnt…

If Ian can integrate a VAGCOM style mode in to Torque then he will be driving an Audi R8 in no time – Torque sales will go through the roof.

All I can find is the Ross Tech FAQ pages listed here:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_1.html

There are numerous Chinese diagnostic tools which can fault code read: http://www.ecutool.com/SuperVAG-KCAN_1025.html

as well as the Liquid TT gauge:-

http://www.racediagnostics.com/cms/

kelchm
on: April 27, 2011 (GMT)

VAGCOM support would seriously be amazing.

I’ll second what GunnerGibson said… If you can get this working it will sell like hotcakes to the VW crowd.

docromano
on: December 18, 2011 (GMT)

Same here, 2006 A6 – no fault codes (although there definetly are some as proven by VAGCOM).

2006 Audi A6 2.7 TDI , VCDS available.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.034 seconds.

Follow me on twitter