Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Encoding failure

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Encoding failure
stang11
Post Encoding failure
on: September 30, 2014 (GMT)

Thanx capp777 however there was no change except now can’t bring up anything. Did tests using high and medium record settings and was able to bring up video’s to encode. When testing on HD was not able to bring up anything – 1080 or 720. This was BEFORE I made the suggested changes – now I get nothing. Probably me??? Going to put things back. Great app but may have to look else where not sure I can trust Torque anymore with once in a lifetime event – could get really irate at this point – so I will leave. Where is the developer????

Bob

stang11
Post Re: Encoding failure

deleted all java, xuggler, etc. and started over following instructions from the WIKI site. Results – when testing now on high – I get an encoding screen without a thumbnail and when hitting encode it just sits there!! If its’ me – tell me – if not FIX IT there is no way it should be this difficult to encode a video – especially one that has recorded a once in a lifetime event! Will wait to see if hear from the developer

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’m here – looking at the issue with the info provided but I may require some extra information from you

Can you post details of the android device you were using (each android device encodes video in slightly different ways and this can be an issue in some cases, but is usually workaroundable)

Can you also let me know if you’re using a 32 or 64-bit java?

Lastly, if this is ok (if not, I will try to work around it), but would it be possible to have a copy of the video and torque data? (the folder zipped up would be great!) – this will let me directly debug what’s going on on my machine ***though if you dont want to do that then this is absolutely fine!

stang11
on: October 1, 2014 (GMT)

Thank you for the reply!! I am using a Samsung S5. The video is 49.02 minutes in length,562MB, and 720×480. Originally recorded using 64-BIT Java and a suggestion was made to clear java, xuggler, etc. and start from scratch using 32-BIT. Did that and then was not able to get anything in the encode screen. Before made the change to 32-BIT I ran tests (64bit)and could retrieve anything recorded in high or below nothing in HD. would have no problems sending you the info. I need to look and see if I can figure out how to do it. If I can where do I send it?
Bob
rjdist@msn.com

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 1, 2014 (GMT)

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me!

email me ian@prowl.org with the details for the file and I’ll go and get it (it won’t fit on email so dropbox/google drive/etc should be good if you have a free account with one of those providers) – if you don’t have an account I’ll try to sort something out here, just let me know

stang11
on: October 3, 2014 (GMT)

sent video using dropbox to your email address. Hope it was what you were looking for and good luck
Bob

stang11
on: October 14, 2014 (GMT)

Ian, had any luck with the project??

Bob

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Follow me on twitter